Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Z33700 Wireless Mouse
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've followed all the HP trouble shooting methods and my wireless mouse still isn't working. I've replaced the batteries, reset my computer, redownloaded the mouse software but whenever I turn on the mouse the optical light will turn on and then fade away and no longer work. I'm unsure of how to fix this. It's only over a year old. Please help!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@namyotte

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• Have you checked the wireless mouse on a different device?

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, let's reset the wireless mouse to the default.
Use the Connect buttons on the wireless receiver and device to reset the connection. Make sure to complete these steps within 60 seconds.

1. With the wireless receiver plugged into a different USB port, press and hold the Connect button until the LED light flashes.

2. Press and hold the Connect button on the device until the LED light on the wireless receiver stops flashing, confirming the connection.

3. Test the device. If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Use the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics tool for Windows to identify mouse and keyboard issues.

1. In Windows, search for and open HP PC Hardware Diagnostics for Windows.

If it does not display in the list, go to HP Hardware Diagnostics to download and install the software.

2. On the Main Menu, click Component Tests.

3. Click Input Devices, select all the available tests, and then click Run once.

Input Devices selected

4. Follow the on-screen instructions, and then review the test results.

• If any of the tests fail, write down the 24-digit failure ID code (also available in the Test Logs), and then contact HP Customer Support

• If all of the tests pass but the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Perform BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The mouse light is still doing that fading away thing and then not working at all. None of those troubleshooting options resolved the issue. I tried checking the warranty but error messages keep appearing. Thank you!

HP Recommended

@namyotte

This sounds like hardware related issue with the HP wireless mouse. Hence, I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.