Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
dc7700 - convertible minitower

I have a hp desktop dc7700c/pd which is refurbished,running windows 7 64. it came with a windows XP recovery disk, but the network driver intel 82566dm gigabit, doesn't work. I'm asking, if you can give me any tips where i can get the right driver.

Thanks you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I'm pretty sure the driver I posted directly from Intel will work.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi, @Kiwilucky :

If my memory serves me right, a lot of folks can't get the HP Intel ethernet driver to work, so use the one from Intel if that happens to you.

The first driver on the left side of the page is for W7 x64...

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18713/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-7-?product=...

HP Recommended

Hey! Thanks a lot, i didn't have any time to try, but as soon I'll try, i will let you know if doesn't work or work. I have try everything to make that old hp goes faster,  i have VR 8 gigabit of ram and my CPU 3.40 Gigahertz and Windows Ultimate 7 64, only problem the network, i will try everything before I can use a external pci card, it will be the last resort.

Thanks 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I'm pretty sure the driver I posted directly from Intel will work.

HP Recommended

Hi,
I try all the drivers you told me, doesn't working, on the motherboard lan port there a green light always on went i plug the wire also went i boot the computer on my modem it shows that the Internet is working but after the light goes off before the windows logo showing up.
I was thinking, maybe the problem is my cmos configuration but i did the reset to is original state couple of times its the same. Wish someone can really help me.
My Motherboard is a Maverick / Silverado 2006.

Best Regards
Charles

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.