Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0073w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Computer keeps dropping internet connection even though it has full Signal. I have my work lap top sitting next to it and the internet runs fine on it. 

All my drivers say they are up to date and have use the HP assist to check drivers as well. It helps when fix the internet when I disconnect from wifi by forgetting the network and then signing back in. This will fix the problem only for a limited time though. Please help! Computer is still under warranty if that helps. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

The parts list for your PC indicates that it comes with the dreaded Realtek RTL8821CE wifi adapter.

That model wifi card and its close cousin, the RTL8822BE wifi adapter are nothing but trouble.

Normally I would suggest you replace the card with a better one, but since that model only uses one antenna wire, you don't have a direct swap option.

I see the Realtek wifi and Bluetooth drivers on your PC's support page are somewhat outdated.

Here are the links to the latest wifi and bluetooth drivers HP has for that model wifi card.

Wifi:  2024.0.10.220

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp111001-111500/sp111389.exe

Bluetooth:  1.8.1030.3010 

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp110001-110500/sp110200.exe

Maybe they will help. 

If not, I suggest you opt for a decent USB dual band wifi adapter, or you can remove the Realtek card and install this Intel AX 200 wifi kit that comes with two external antennas.

Amazon.com: Intel Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+) Desktop Kit (AX200.NGWG.NV): Computers & Accessories

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.