cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Anshul6
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Lost USB dongle

HP Recommended
HP wireless keyboard and mouse 200
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello HP users, 

I'm using a HP wireless keyboard and mouse 200 for a long time. But, I have lost the USB receiver which comes with it in traveling. 

Because of this, I'm not able to connect my wireless mouse and keyboard with the laptop.

I had purchase a local USB receiver from the market but still it's not work, it doesn't show and device to pair. 

Please help me with this, how do I get a USB receiver which will work with my mouse or any other way to get it resolved. 

Thanks, 

Anshul

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
96,859 65,572 12,551 21,633
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Anshul6 wrote:

... I had purchase a local USB receiver from the market but still it's not work, it doesn't show and device to pair. 

No, this is not going to work. Each set has a code, dongle and keyboard/mouse to use SAME that code to communicate. HP and Logitech have USB dongles which support more than one devices BUT keyboards and mice must also compatible with the dongles.

Re-program a dongle (if available) may cost you more than buying a new set.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Anshul6
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Thanks for your answer. 

So, on below basis, I have asked HP customer support to provide a new dongle for my keyboard and mouse, but they are of no help. 

Is it possible they will provide me a new dongle, Im ready to pay for that. 

Thanks, 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation