Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ProDesk 400 G4 Desktop Mini PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all, 

So I'm having some problems with an onboard LAN card on a ProDesk 400 G4 Desktop Mini PC. Tried it in a few different network switches and router but no lights appear on the back (yellow/green) and windows reports as network cable unplugged. I've tried a few different network cables and tried those cables in other PC's to verify that they are working. It did work briefly in a 100mb powerline adapter but if slighlty moved it disconnects. It doesn't work at all in any other router or switch. It's also out of warranty (I was given it recently).

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks 

Richard 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

So slight update. When I use a 100mb powerline adaptor it seems to work OK. I tried a gigabit network switch and no lights so the network card does seem to work in a fashion but only in a powerline adapter? I'm going to try installing Linux and see if its the Windows install and speed authentication issues are the problem. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.