Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq Elite 8300 desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I dont seem to have any wireless connection on my pc. I tried to update drivers but there arent any. I dont have an icon on the taskbar either. I read a post which mentioned VPN being an issue and I have an option for this if it helps you understand the issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can easily configure your PC for wireless internet.

I have the 8200 Elite, 8000 Elite, and dc7800 business desktop PC's, and I installed an external USB dual band wireless network adapter on all 3 of them and it works just fine.

This is the model I used, and it works with W7, 8, 8.1 and W10.

http://www.amazon.com/Linksys-Dual-Band-Wireless-N-Adapter-AE3000/dp/B007ZLGXA8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&q...

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

#HPExpertDay

VPN comes into picture once you connect to any network, but from what you say you may not have a driver installed or Network controller.

Try installing HP Support Assistant which will automatically download and install drivers/updates:

HPSA Link:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html

Wish you luck,
Karthik

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hello,

If the unit was working fine before try a system restore.

If this doesn't work, go to device manager and under network adapters check if wlan or wifi card is lited if not go to BIOS (Power off, press power button, tap f10 key continously) and perform restore defaults.

You can also try windows update.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hello 

windows 10 wifi drivers aren't available 

try installing windows 8 drivers

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5232663&swItemId=vc_127820_1&swEnvOid=413...

#hpexpertday

Regards;
Smiley
I am an HP employee
Please click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.
Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.
HP Recommended

Hi

Identifying the hardware is perhaps the first thing to do, then visit the makers website, lastly use DUCKDUCKGO search engine for stuff.

So open a command prompt, as an administrator, and type

netsh wlan show settings

netsh wlan show drivers

netsh wlan show settings

you can pipe >> these into Notepad for future reference

netsh wlan show settings >> c:\set.txt

netsh wlan show drivers >> c:\drv.txt

netsh wlan show interfaces >> c:\int.txt

notepad c:\set.txt

notepad c:\drv.txt

notepad c:\int.txt

HP Recommended

A big thank you to everyone who posted possible solutions.

Nothing worked so I telephoned HP. The advisor tells me that the HP Compaq Eite 8300 is not configured for wireless internet and cannot ever be so. How utterly ridiculous for what is otherwise a stunning machine, bought new only a couple of years ago.

Again, thanks to everyone your support has been brilliant.

HP Recommended

Hi:

You can easily configure your PC for wireless internet.

I have the 8200 Elite, 8000 Elite, and dc7800 business desktop PC's, and I installed an external USB dual band wireless network adapter on all 3 of them and it works just fine.

This is the model I used, and it works with W7, 8, 8.1 and W10.

http://www.amazon.com/Linksys-Dual-Band-Wireless-N-Adapter-AE3000/dp/B007ZLGXA8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&q...

HP Recommended

Hi Paul

"Any advertisement of any company whether the item is in stock or not is still solicitation. Please do not include that information on the public forums. Please review our Rules of Participation for further information."

So you may as well get my last kudos, for the short time it sticks for, because I expect when I delete my profile it will disappear, for your blatant audacity.

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul,

A sensible non HP solution that will work!

HP Recommended

Hi, doughjohn:

I don't know who told you that, but there is no rule prohibiting the suggestion of products as long as you are in compliance with the rule.

Here is the forum rule that pertains to advertising...6h.

h.  Advertisements or requests to sell or market products or services provided or rendered by you or any other person or entity with whom you are affiliated, or for personal monetary gain, reward or any other compensation.

It does not in any way infer that you can't offer any suggestions for products, as long as you fully meet the criteria of the advertising rule when suggesting a product or service, which I have always met.

I consider you a very valuable contributor to this forum, and I would be disappointed to see you leave us.

Invite the person's attention to what the rule specifically states, and ask them why you were gigged for posting a product recommendation.

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.