Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One - 22-2012na (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all, I'm having massive issues with bluetooth - or rather - lack of.  I have tried all the fixes I can find including updating drivers, downloading drivers and everything HP recommend.  I was forced into the route of a Bluetooth dongle but that has now stopped working too.  All my bluetooth devices say that bluetooth is turned off but there is no 'button' to turn it on.  I'm sure I had bluetooth connectivity but when running trouble-shooter, it says that this device is not capberble of running bluetooth.  I'm also convinced it disappeared after an update.  (My hubby also had this issue after an update but was able to re-install. I do not have this option?)  All help greatly received - please keep it simple.  Thanks Amanda

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

@AJ1422 -- All my bluetooth devices say that bluetooth is turned off but there is no 'button' to turn it on. 

Within "Windows Settings", there might be an electronic check-box to "enable" Bluetooth, rather than a physical button on your All-In-One computer.  

Does your keyboard have a "FN" key in the bottom-left corner?

If so, do the F1-through-F12 keys have any labels that might show the distinctive Bluetooth "icon" ?

If so, hold-down the "FN" key, and tap the F-key that is labelled.  That may enable your Bluetooth.

Or, take your computer to a local owner/operator computer store, with its power-cord. That owner/operator probably is a much-better technician than you would find through "Mobile-Geeks-with-Jeeps", and will be able to help, for a small fee.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, I think you might be right regarding outside support.  There is no 'electronic' button and the function keys don't help either.  Thanks for the insight though.

HP Recommended

hi

before spending your money, check a few points

reinstall the driver

Realtek RTL8xxx Wireless LAN Drivers

2024.0.8.107 Rev.S14.4 MBJun 5, 2019Download

Bluetooth Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Connecting a Bluetooth device (Windows)

Troubleshooting a Bluetooth connection in Windows 10

if the problem is not hardware you should be able to fix it

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@AJ1422 -- I have tried all the fixes I can find including updating drivers, downloading drivers and everything HP recommend.  I was forced into the route of a Bluetooth dongle but that has now stopped working too. 

Can you temporarily move the Bluetooth dongle to another computer, to see if it is OK?

Definitely, take the dongle, and your computer & and its power-cord, to a certified computer technician.

I would recommend finding a local owner/operator computer store. Their business relies on them knowing much more than those "Mobile-Geeks-In-A-Jeep" type of "repairpersons" with less training, and less experience.

HP Recommended

Good morning,

Thanks for your support.  I have downloaded the link you sent,  I've checked device manager - there is no bluetooth icon and trouble-shooter days device does not have bluetooth capability.  I've run out of ideas, not that I'm really tech savvy!

HP Recommended

hi

In device manager you say there is nothing?
so not detected at all, can you give a screenshot?

I am not talking to you here about the dongle that was placed, then remove it

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

AJ1422_0-1641750470811.png

HP Recommended

Sorry, I have a doubt
I just went back to the product page
see here:

HP 22-2012na All-in-One Desktop PC product specifications

Networking

LAN: 1000BASE-T

only I do not see the mention of Bluetooth!
although a driver is available

I don't even see wifi here?

but hey, product page errors are common
It may be an error, you confirm that there was Bluetooth, before trying a usb dongle?

developed the network tab

have you been able to test the dongle at least with another computer?

example this one :

HP 22-2001a All-in-One Desktop PC product specifications

Networking

Integrated Bluetooth 4.0 and Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n featuring Single-band (2.4Ghz) 1 x 1 technology

LAN: 1000BASE-T

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

@AJ1422 -- I've checked device manager - there is no bluetooth icon

Click on the "triangle" to the left of the "Network" label, to show ALL the network devices.

A Bluetooth adapter, if present, and if working, should be listed, as a network device.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.