Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 250 G5
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When I purchased this laptop in 2017, the specs said it has bluetooth. But it never worked and my IT guy at office failed at solving the issue. I didn't look into it until recently, when I tried installing the drivers but it didn't seem to work.

I downloaded the following applications from HP website and installed them on my laptop:

BT_Win7_64_19.70.0.exe

sp75614.exe

sp76055.exe

None of them work. I end up getting "attrib +h C:\system.sav /s /d" message when I run the driver application.

Please help me get my laptop bluetooth working.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, I would say the chip is bad.

Did you check the BIOS and see if there was a setting to enable the Bluetooth?

Some HP business notebooks have settings like that.

You can replace the card with another one having the same part number...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + BT 4.2 Combo Adapter   HP part # 863934-855.

Below is the link to the service manual...

HP Notebook PC (Intel) * Models: 15-ay000 – 15-ay099 * Models: 15-ay100 – 15-ay199HP 250 G5 Notebook...

You can also purchase a USB Bluetooth adapter if you prefer.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

What model wifi adapter does your notebook come with?

If you don't know, go to the device manager, click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category, and there you will find the name and model of the wireless network adapter.

Some wifi adapters are combination wifi/bluetooth adapters and some aren't.

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying.

My machine has a "Intel (R) Dual Band Wireless -AC3168" adapter. 

I checked it's properties and followed following steps:-  Advanced- Bluetooth (R) AMP- Enabled.

Still bluetooth not available!! What does this mean?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You definitely should have Bluetooth with that model wifi card.

If you don't see a Bluetooth device manager category, since you are running W7 on there, install the HP connection manager software, restart the PC and see if you can turn on the Bluetooth with the connection manager software.

This package provides the HP Connection Manager for supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75501-76000/sp75771.exe

If that doesn't work either, then the only thing I can assume is that the Bluetooth chip on the wifi card's circuit board is dead and in order to fix the problem you would need to replace the wireless card.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help.

But it seems my laptop bluetooth is dead, coz I don't see bluetooth on HP Connection Manager.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, I would say the chip is bad.

Did you check the BIOS and see if there was a setting to enable the Bluetooth?

Some HP business notebooks have settings like that.

You can replace the card with another one having the same part number...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + BT 4.2 Combo Adapter   HP part # 863934-855.

Below is the link to the service manual...

HP Notebook PC (Intel) * Models: 15-ay000 – 15-ay099 * Models: 15-ay100 – 15-ay199HP 250 G5 Notebook...

You can also purchase a USB Bluetooth adapter if you prefer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.