Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15 notebook pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My wifi icon is gone. When i check the network adapters in device manager there are no any wifi adapters please help me and solve my issue i have hp Pavilion 15 notebook pc give me wifi adapters and guide me how to install them into the device manager/network adapters.
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended
Ok i have now another problem my wifi adaptor is in the device manager Ralink 3290 wifi adaptor something like this but this adaptor hide in show hidden content this wifi adaptor properties are "Currently, this hardware deviceis not connected to the computer" this shown with (code 45). And this adaptor some time comes visible and then return gone hide with (code45). It stays visible for 15-20 minutes. Please help me to store this adaptor keep visible.
HP Recommended

Greetings @Shubham7383

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to access wireless on your computer. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

May I know the exact product number of your computer? Click here. Please do not share the serial number of your computer.

Recommend you refer to this Microsoft post and try the steps suggested. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Yes, Product no. Is - E3B57PA#ACJ
HP Recommended
Please respond me about my wifi issue i have wifi adapter but Ralink 3290 802.11 something like this but it is hidden in show hidden content like this and when i see the properties it says "Currently, this hardware deviceis not connected to the computer" this shown with (code 45).

And update device drivers is not working bcz im try too many times.

And i think (code45) is wrong bcz he says driver not connected to the device but the wifi adapter is
in-build am i right??

Please give me a solution for this problem
HP Recommended

Hi @Shubham7383,

I read the reply. Good job on troubleshooting the issue and you've displayed great patience. Kudos to you for that. 🙂 Please note that there are no wifi drivers for Windows 0 on the HP support site.

Please try these steps

Please uninstall the wifi drivers in device manager and restart the computer and check if the issue gets resolved.

• Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand network adapters>then select the display drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.
  • Then restart the computer and check again if you are able to connect.
  • If not, please update the wireless adapter from the manufacturer's site.
  • As a workaround, you could use a Wireless USB adapter by ordering it from Amazon or eBay or from a local store and connect it to one of the USB ports of the computer and connect it to your router. This is very economical and will do the trick for you.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Soooo, how are you supposed to get onto a website to get the driver's if you have no driver?

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.