Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
290 p0046
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

how do i find out what down load speeds my computer can handle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It should be the lesser of 966 MBPS (close enough to 1000 MBPS), or what download speed you are paying for.

If you are paying for 1000 (1 GB) download speeds, then you are very close to that.

If you are paying for 200 MBPS download speeds for example, then you should be getting around a 200 MBPS download speed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the product specs page for your PC.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06001270

Let me first clarify that there is a difference between connection speed and download speed.

Connection speed is based on the hardware and signal strength.

The maximum ethernet connection speed would be 1 gigabit per second (1 GBPS).

The maximum wireless connection speed of any 1 x 1 AC wifi adapter is 433 megabytes per second (433 MBPS).

The download speed is based on the wireless signal strength, and the maximum download speed you are paying your internet service provider for.

For example if the wifi card is connecting at 433 MBPS but you are paying for a 200 MBPS download speed, that is all you are going to get.

HP Recommended

Still not sure about your response. MY connection speed is 966. what should my download speed be.  hard wired

HP Recommended

It should be the lesser of 966 MBPS (close enough to 1000 MBPS), or what download speed you are paying for.

If you are paying for 1000 (1 GB) download speeds, then you are very close to that.

If you are paying for 200 MBPS download speeds for example, then you should be getting around a 200 MBPS download speed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.