Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8710
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

New 8710.  Connected wirelessly but could not get printer to print.  Downloaded drivers and then firmware with security update from third party.  Need wpa2 password for this firmware so I can print using that "router" address of DIRECT-B1-HP-OfficeJetPro 8710. Help appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@secsvy

Welcome to HP Support Forums.

I came across your post and would like to assist you.

I understand that you're looking for a wpa2 password for the firmware update for your HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 All-in-One Printer. I'll be glad to help you.

To begin with, you can try to update the printer using the printer's front panel menu as shown below:

NOTE: The printer needs to be restarted once the firmware is successfully updated. 

If it is the Wi-Fi direct password then it should be 12345678. 

You could also check for the Wi-Fi Direct password on the printer's screen by following the below steps:

Alternately, you may check this HP link to find the Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 passwords.

I sincerely hope this information helps. Please feel free to keep me posted for further assistance.

Cheers!

If you would like to thank us for the efforts to help you, feel free to mark this post as "Accept as solution". That’ll help everyone find the solution and help the community to grow.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@secsvy

Welcome to HP Support Forums.

I came across your post and would like to assist you.

I understand that you're looking for a wpa2 password for the firmware update for your HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 All-in-One Printer. I'll be glad to help you.

To begin with, you can try to update the printer using the printer's front panel menu as shown below:

NOTE: The printer needs to be restarted once the firmware is successfully updated. 

If it is the Wi-Fi direct password then it should be 12345678. 

You could also check for the Wi-Fi Direct password on the printer's screen by following the below steps:

Alternately, you may check this HP link to find the Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 passwords.

I sincerely hope this information helps. Please feel free to keep me posted for further assistance.

Cheers!

If you would like to thank us for the efforts to help you, feel free to mark this post as "Accept as solution". That’ll help everyone find the solution and help the community to grow.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.