Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

image.jpg

 hello,

I have an issue where my laptop can’t connect to any wifi networks and I can’t seem to make it work. I’ve tried all sorts of things and it just doesn’t work. 

as you can see it has the ‘not connected’ image.

I feel that maybe my network adapter is faulty? 

thanks in advance for any suggestions. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Willbur 

What is your machine ? When double click the globe icon what do you see ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello, thanks for replying. When I double click on it, I can see the available networks. When I try and connect to them it just says can’t connect to the network. My home wifi has other devices connecting without issues so I know it’s an issue with my laptop and not my network. I’ve also tried to connect to other wifi networks and the same happened. 

TIA

HP Recommended

The model is as below.

aptop 15s-fq1003na Intel Core i5 1035G1, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 15.6 inch Full HD Laptop with Optional Microsoft 365 Personal 1 Year - Silver Q4UTY15

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.