Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion HPE h8-1360t
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi!

I got a PC of HP (HPE h8-1360t) for about 3 years.

It's on Windows 8 (x64) but I wanted to make it Windows 7

So I maked it Windows 7 (64 bit) but the problem is that I can't connect to the internet!

I oppened Device Manager and saw that on "Other Devices" section were some Symbols on the icons.

So here are the names with the symbol:

Network Controller

Ethernet Controller

PCI Simple Communications Controller

SM Bus Controller

Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller

1. Network Controller

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_2ADA103C&REV_07

2. Ethernet Controller

PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539B&SUBSYS_18ED103C&REV_00

3. PCI Simple Communications Controller

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C3A&SUBSYS_2ADA103C&REV_04

4. SM Bus Controller

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C22&SUBSYS_2ADA103C&REV_05

5. Universial Serial Bus (USB) Controller

PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_8241&SUBSYS_2ADA103C&REV_02

Any help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The Software and Drivers support page for that model includes Windows 7 driver.  Proceed HERE to download and install them.  You will need to do that on a working PC and move them to the subject PC.

I would start with the Original Intel Chipset Driver and the Original Intel Management Engine Interface Driver first.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The Software and Drivers support page for that model includes Windows 7 driver.  Proceed HERE to download and install them.  You will need to do that on a working PC and move them to the subject PC.

I would start with the Original Intel Chipset Driver and the Original Intel Management Engine Interface Driver first.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you so much for your support

My PC is working ! 😉

Regards!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.