2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Network Card Update Speed By Software

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 750-210ms
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I purchased a desktop from HP (HP ENVY 750-210ms) (Product #: T4A21AA#ABA). The description features said it had a gigabyte network card. When I view the details of the card in the system it shows only 100mbps. Is this a software driven card, or do I need to upgrade the card to a gigabyte? IN the device manager, it shows the card as a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller.

Thank you for any help, JR

Capture.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,576 90,453 11,632 24,927
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DCBUS 

Yes, it is a Realtek 1G card

• Technology: Realtek RTL8161
  • Data transfer speeds: up to 10/100/1000 Mb/s
  • Transmission standards: 1000BASE-T Ethernet

How do you connect it now ? To a switch or router ? Do you know the speed of switch ports ? Which cable do you use ? Please try CAT5e or CAT6 cable.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
DCBUS
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. To your questions:

Router: Luxul XBR4400 Gigabyte

Switch: Luxul XGS1024 Gigabyte

Computers Both HP with Realtek onboard Network Gigabyte, both set in properties Gigabyte Full Duplex

I will try the cables.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation