Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p6627c Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Following the HP solutions, I uninstalled the ethernet driver and tried to reinstall it, but it did not come back. I tried going on the hp support page to find the drivers, however the pc is old so there are no drivers available anymore. I tried to install the Windows 7 network controller driver, did not work. I tried to maybe find it again, but it did not work. I tried HP Recovery Manager to reinstall the hardware, but it also did not work. I feel at lost because this PC still works very well except that it cannot go on the internet. I do not have the manufacturer's disk anymore, so what can I do to get the ethernet driver back for my PC? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK.

I have zipped up and attached the 64 bit ethernet controller driver you need for that ID, below.

If you can't download the file on your PC, use another one and copy the file to a USB flash drive.

Then copy and paste the file to your PC from the flash drive.

Once you have copied the driver zip file to your PC, unzip the file to its folder.

Do not do anything with the files in the folder.

Go to the device manager.  Click on the ethernet controller needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder you unzipped.

Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

Here is a partial copy and paste of the driver setup information file which shows driver support for the hardware ID you posted...

[Nvidia.NTamd64.6.1]
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc% = NVENET51_WIN7.NDI, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0269
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc% = NVENET51_WIN7.NDI, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0268
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc% = NVENET55_WIN7.NDI, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0373
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc% = NVENET55_WIN7.NDI, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0372
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc% = NVENET61_WIN7.NDI, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03EF
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc% = NVENET61_WIN7.NDI, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03EE
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc% = NVENET73_WIN7.NDI, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_07DC
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc% = NVENET77_WIN7.NDI, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0760
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc% = NVENET79_WIN7.NDI, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0AB0

If that doesn't work, most likely it is a hardware issue and you can purchase a USB to RJ-45 ethernet adapter.

Something like this...

Amazon.com: USB 2.0 to Ethernet RJ45 Network Adapter 100/10 Mbps Internet Adapter, USB to Ethernet A...

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

For the ethernet controller, you would install this nVidia chipset driver...

NVIDIA DRIVERS nForce Driver Version 15.49 WHQL

HP Recommended

Hello,

I tried to download the driver and the system has the files already. Are there steps to do after this?

HP Recommended

After you download the driver, you find it, double-click on the driver file to run it.

HP Recommended

The file has been run. I clicked on troubleshooting and it says, "Local Area Connection adapter is experiencing problems", so I went ahead and tried to update the driver, but it still does not work. Then the wording changed to, "The wired network adapter is experiencing problems". Today the troubleshooter says there is no problems, however the network controller says that the driver may be corrupted or missing (Code 39). 

HP Recommended

Hi:

It sounds to me like the device that needs a driver is a wifi adapter, not an ethernet adapter.

Windows labels wifi adapters as a Network Controller when it needs a driver.

Wired network adapters needing drivers are labeled as Ethernet controllers.

Please post the hardware ID for the Network Controller device that needs a driver so I can figure out what driver it needs.

Use this guide to for how to find the hardware ID for a device.

How to Find Drivers for Unknown Devices in the Device Manager (howtogeek.com)

The product specs for your PC do not indicate that it originally came from HP with wireless networking capability.

HP Pavilion p6627c Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Here is the hardware ID pci\ven_10de&dev_0269 

Correct,  the PC did not come with a wireless feature. I have been using an Ethernet cable. I also wonder if it is because the driver is missing that the Ethernet port does not light up? 

HP Recommended

OK.

I have zipped up and attached the 64 bit ethernet controller driver you need for that ID, below.

If you can't download the file on your PC, use another one and copy the file to a USB flash drive.

Then copy and paste the file to your PC from the flash drive.

Once you have copied the driver zip file to your PC, unzip the file to its folder.

Do not do anything with the files in the folder.

Go to the device manager.  Click on the ethernet controller needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder you unzipped.

Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

Here is a partial copy and paste of the driver setup information file which shows driver support for the hardware ID you posted...

[Nvidia.NTamd64.6.1]
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc% = NVENET51_WIN7.NDI, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0269
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc% = NVENET51_WIN7.NDI, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0268
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc% = NVENET55_WIN7.NDI, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0373
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc% = NVENET55_WIN7.NDI, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0372
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc% = NVENET61_WIN7.NDI, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03EF
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc% = NVENET61_WIN7.NDI, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03EE
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc% = NVENET73_WIN7.NDI, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_07DC
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc% = NVENET77_WIN7.NDI, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0760
%NVENETFD.DeviceDesc% = NVENET79_WIN7.NDI, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0AB0

If that doesn't work, most likely it is a hardware issue and you can purchase a USB to RJ-45 ethernet adapter.

Something like this...

Amazon.com: USB 2.0 to Ethernet RJ45 Network Adapter 100/10 Mbps Internet Adapter, USB to Ethernet A...

HP Recommended

Did not work.

Thank you for taking your time to help me out. I will take your suggestion. Thanks for the link! Take care. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.