Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 700-030 qe
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Added a replacement Hard Drive after hard drive failure and reinstalled Windows 10 Pro. All seemed well and connected network by ethernet which works well. Tried everything suggested to re-establish Wi Fi and discovered this HP Envy  has no driver available for latest Windows  10 version. Wow do I find a driver

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

In looking at the spec page, it indicates options for the WiFi card.  Look in Device Manager to see which option is actually installed.  Driver section indicates either Broadcom Wireless Network or Ralink Wireless Network.  They are listed in the Windows 8.1 OS.

If Windows did not detect the presence of either one of them, it might require some additional info.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

When attempting to locate a driver you are correct that they are listed as available for Windows 8,1 but my operating system is Windows 10Pro

HP Recommended

While that may/may not be relevant, but still need to know the device that is actually there.  I am quite sure we can find a driver for the one actually installed once you post the make/model of the device.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

My PC DESKTOP is HP ENVY 700-030 qe and was purchased in 2013. The windows was updated when Windows 10 was introduced and was updated continually with all working well until hard drive failure 10 days ago. After installing new hard drive and new Windows 10 Pro all seems well except for this issue of no wireless Icon in settings and no Wireless adapter. All works with ethernet. Microsoft agent checked my PC and told me I needed to find an HP compatible driver and so far I have no luck, I will be appreciative of any assistance or suggestions

HP Recommended

Hi, @Dundonald19 

If your PC came with the Ralink wifi adapter, there is a common problem with that model wifi adapter and the newer releases of W10.

It completely disappears from the device manager, and there is no fix.

The easiest thing to do would be to purchase an external USB wifi adapter.

If your PC had come with the Broadcom wifi card, W10 would have installed the drivers for that card automatically.

So, my guess is your PC has the Ralink wifi card.

HP Recommended

I have finally met with success. I downloaded and installed Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi Fi Adapter and all is back working well with Wireless Icon in Settings also. I am not sure why Microsoft or HP could not provide this solution but I had to pass it on. All is well       DUNDONALD19

HP Recommended

Hi, I'm having the same issue. Where did you go and downloaded the wifi adapter?

HP Recommended

Just Google Ralink 3290 802.11 bgn Wi Fi Adapter Download and you are on your way...Good Luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.