Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp Omen 870 244
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Currently on this gaming desktop there is no internet connection. The symbol for it which is the gridded globe with an x at the bottom right of the screen is present despite me doing everything that was listed on your support page for the problem in including asking some pc expert on it I can’t find a remedy for it other than purchasing an Ethernet cable for my pc and plugging it into my router and pc. Please help because I have checked in the device manager in its tab It states that the wireless network reader chip thing is doing just fine despite it showing that it can’t see any network despite me living in an apartment complex and many people here having an internet connection/router. Along with that I have also uninstalled and reinstalled it and have made sure that most every stone that was unturned was looked at thoroughly. Please help me

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi

Your desciption was for a Wireless connection?

1 Do you have a working Wi-Fi adapter?

2 Does it connect to the Modem/Router?

3 Will it then get out onto the Internet?

This will help diagnose the 3 areas of concern...

Copy, Paste and Save in Notepad, as LBB.bat (not a .TXT) and double click to run.
Preferably run as an Administrator. Right Click and choose accordingly.
OR
Copy and use the individual command lines as needed.

Post anything non-personal, but relevant please.

@Echo OFF
getmac
netsh lan show interfaces
netsh wlan show interfaces
netsh wlan show drivers

PAUSE
systeminfo
PowerShell -Command "Get-NetAdapter"
PowerShell -Command "Get-NetAdapter -Name * | Format-Table -View Driver"
PowerShell -Command "GIP -Detailed"
PowerShell -Command "Test-NetConnection"
PAUSE

HP Recommended

And by it I have no access the internet or any nearby network even though my WiFi card in my desktop is good and untouched and. I cannot connect to any nearby internet source be it motem or a hotspot. a friend recommended an Ethernet cord would it work since it’s directly connecting the motem to my pc. Would that be a fix?

HP Recommended

I found 2 things that may be the problem 1 is the state says: Disconnected and says Host Network Status: not available 

what does it mean?

HP Recommended

Hi

I do not know the status of the adapter, hence the bat file to establish some parameters.

cmd.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.