Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just upgraded my internet to 1000/100 Mb / s. But the ethernet setup on my PC is 100/100.
OMEN hp desctop pc 880p1xx
How do I change the configuration to 1000/1000 ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for helping. Everything works now. And the the cause is long distance kat 5 ethernet. Direcht with 10 meter kat 6 it is fast enouf ,

We can close this case 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
  • please tell
  • _ what  did you upgrade? the ISP fees, for speed I run max on mine.
  • what PC is this, model 2WD35EA#ABZ , is    880-019nl  ? this?  what is your 19nl or what?
  • what is  your model number, fully, p0xx is not accurate.
  • The top 880 made have a ethernet chip on board, that runs 1Gb /s that is a fact but so must router and modem and ISP .
  •  the Higos mobo has Technology: Realtek RTL8161c  , 1Gb/s for sure, but need HP driver to make it work did you?
  • here I will make the age old list on LAn
  • port 1G, cat 5/6 cable to 1G router,  and to 1g modem and to cabled, ISP paid for 1G. <<<< no bottlenecks

no ISP told nor what modem you have. wired cable, FIOS, SAT, or 5G, no idea mean on ISP and my guess that you want Fast.com  to be fast.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

I'm sure the line is faster than 100 Mb / s. Tested with mobile phone. which, however, could only reach 150 Mb / s where I stood with it.
Features Connection speed on the network card shows 100/100 (Mbps) It is an expensive gamerpc bought in 13.May 5-2018, so it should be possible to get the full benefit of the line which is promised at 1000/100 Mb / s

HP Recommended

I'm sure the line is faster than 100 Mb / s., what does line mean tell the connection please, I can not guess.

is this a  wifi post or  Ethernet or both post?

HOW DID YOU SEE THAT, i have no idea at all and sorry.

I guess you are at home,  lets learn why first and lay blame last, is always best for sure.

what is slow,  your private sub lan or just the internet or all, and via what connections? ethernet or wifi?

and want fast internet,? (learn that if  sublan is slow ,so be internet, (like hose that elephant steeping in it would)

we can not guess what you have in your home ever , so sorry,can not.

I can not talk about any cell phone ever but it did prove wifi is not dead, but you are doing Ethernet not wifi. per below.

Features Connection speed on the network card shows 100/100 (Mbps (seen where how>?) IDK

card can mean wired Ethernet chip ? connection or wifi card, which  is it?

what does this mean, how did you learn that, what did you do to see that? .

via what method.

wired is best for not only speed but does so 100% of the time, 100% consistency  and only thing that slows it down is ISP  or is slow URL, web server you are using like netflix.com or fast.com (testing)

also Mb/s is not MB/s you do know that right? b = bits, B = bytes,

1000 Mb/s , 1000 mega bits per second is that speed, in bytes about 10x less. (overhead makes that so)

so 1000Mb/s is  really (in bytes) only 100MB/s  see that capital B there? (do not ignore B for b.)

1000Mb/s is also known as (MS) 1Gb/s.  seen  in my photo below just now typing to you over cabled lan.

let me guess the 880 is wired directly to your  unstated router (no make or model told and matters BIG TIME)

using a Cat5/6 cable. wired to PC to router, ok?

unstated router and modem and what class if ISP do you use.?  cable,   ( I assumed you want fast internet right?)

if i search your model PC at HP for 880 wow so many types made, seams like all use same

Realtek RTL8161 OMEN by HP Desktop PC 880 (which one?) 880-068

HP name: Higos 2,  HP mother board,?  Realteck RTL8161  LAN 1000Mb/s.  it is , not bytes BITS only,

all i can do is guess what PC you really have, I can not do service tag full decodes, (low pay grade 0)

ever heard of HWinfo32.exe , free and safe, use that it tells you what is inside PC and what Ethernet and wifi card is there and its maker , model and speed rating, this lets you learn that, case closed,

free and 100% safe. from makers web site official.

under network and sharing (w10)

see connector there called Ethernet,  and then see below,  (mine does 800Mb/s to fast.com or more.)

nic1.JPG

I only do answers to Ethernet wired, not ever wifi as those run to infinity , due to its being RADIO and a shared resource, that takes hard work to get fast, (I can do that blindfolded but do not do so in text boxes only hands on me)

or see demo here, on now to see true hardware speed ( I can also show the NIC chip data sheet to you same facts)

no idea me if URL allowed, here but here is the steps i with photos, show on 1000s of web sites this, googled.

https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-check-the-speed-of-an-Ethernet-port?share=1

did you load the HP official driver for the

Realtek RTL8161 , off your exact support page first?  do so for sure w10. ok?

one guy here shows 100GB/s and thinks that is not 1Gb/s   and is wrong, it is the same.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-510-P024-with-Realtek-RTL8161-netwo...

100 x10 is 1000 ( 10 means 10 bits, and 2 are overhead on 8bits ) true speed is bet less, due to the 7 layers of  software on top it all.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-510-P024-with-Realtek-RTL8161-netwo...

HP Recommended

more simple

no source at all of how you did that,  speed check. not me. sorry.

but 100Mb/s is not correct, (typed wrong i think)

100MB/s  is OK  (did you fail to notice the BIG B )   10x 100 is 1000.  and is good.

and so is 1Gb/s OK. one giga bits per second

tell how you did that, and if Ethernet say that too please.

HP Recommended

I will make the inquiry short.
My ethernet is at 100/100 Mb / s MEGAbit / s.
When I adjust to 1 Gb / s it stays at 100/100.
The network card: Realtek GBE Family controller and computer is OMEN OMEN by HP Desktop PC 880-p106
My desktop computer
Product number 2PV35EA # UUW
Serial number [Personal Information Removed]
how do i get it up to speed - just got Stofa 1000/100
and it does not matter if I can not benefit

HP Recommended

Thank you for helping. Everything works now. And the the cause is long distance kat 5 ethernet. Direcht with 10 meter kat 6 it is fast enouf ,

We can close this case 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.