Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
P6134de
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

The HP P6134de is a Core2 Quad Q8200@2,53Ghz with Motherboard IPIEL-LA3 Rev 1.02 that originally was rolled out with Vista.

Due to some reasons I'm required to run Win 7 - 64 bit on this machine. However Win 7 doesn't recognize the internal onboard LAN. (LAN is enabled via BIOS)

I tried the following without success:

- downloaded several chipset and LAN drivers for Win7

- used the old Vista drivers at Win7

- Installed Win 10 Prof 64 bit and did the auto-update 

- downloaded Win 10 chipset and LAN drivers for Win 10

- used the old Vista drivers for Win 10

But nothing of the above worked. The LAN network device is not listed in the device manager and as a network adapter.

I'd be extreamly happy if I could get some appropriate drivers to get onboard LAN working for Win 7 - 64 bit!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The ethernet adapter must be no good, and you will need to get a USB to RJ-45 ethernet adapter.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hidden Devices.png HIDDEN device?

The Main Board is used in 139 products, and therefore I would hope the LAN would be easy to find drivers for.

Could it be one of these?  Technology: Realtek RTL8201N  

Otherwise I'm stumped.

HP Recommended

Hi, @P1-H1 

The motherboard your PC comes with a Realtek ethernet controller.

If you do not see it listed anywhere in the device manager (under the network adapters device manager category, or under an Other devices category as an ethernet controller), then a hardware issue of some kind may have occured.

That is a common ethernet adapter that has driver support all the way up to W10.

This would be the W7 driver you need for it.  2nd driver on the list.

https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/network-interface-controllers-10-100-1000m-gigabit...

This would be the latest Intel chipset driver for the motherboard...Install this first, restart the PC and see if that gets the ethernet controller to show up.  You can also use this driver on W10.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55095.exe

If everything fails to work, just buy a USB to RJ-45 ethernet adapter.

HP Recommended

Thanks Lil_Boy_Blue for your reply! 

When I switch on hidden devices I only get Microsoft ISATAP Adapter and WAN Miniport (IKEv2) or (IP) and so on.

There is no sign for a Realtek RTL8201N.

I downloaded drivers for Realtek RTL8201N and installed them without success

HP Recommended

Thank you Paul_Tikkanen for your reply!

When I install Install_Win7_7130_04212020.zip  (2nd file on the list) I get right before the end of the installation a message:

"The Realtek Network Controller was not found. If Deep Sleep Mode is enabled Please Plug the Cable"

Reboot and unplug/plugin network cable didn't work.

When I install chipset driver sp55095.exe there is a message saying that I'd install an older version therefore I didn't go for it.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The ethernet adapter must be no good, and you will need to get a USB to RJ-45 ethernet adapter.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.