Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
12-30-2022 07:52 AM
I have a laptop model15-dw3024nk and my wifi network adapter is realtek rtl8821ce 802.11ac pcie adapter and my download speed does not go over 3mbps even though I have 50mpbs internet speed which I tested on different devices in my house and they all gave out ~40 mbps except this year and a half old HP model15-dw3024nk laptop.
I've tried updating my drivers but that was ineffective.
Is there an available fix for this issue?
Thanks in advance.
12-30-2022 09:01 AM
Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.
Let me check your basic system configuration before we focus on the <wireless> connection ...
(1) Run msinfo32
- Select <System Summary>:
--->>> Copy/screenshot/paste following key/value pairs:
( equals HP product number (p/n) )
(2) Start Windows <Device Manager>
- Expand <Network adapters>
- Expand <Other devices> ? (Those entries are for hardware for which Windows has not loaded a suitable driver)
--->>> Send screenshot
(3) Please report back
12-30-2022 01:25 PM
(1) Create Windows system <restore point>
(2) Download and install BIOS Update
HP Firmware Pack (Intel Processors)
|F.57 Rev.A||79.9 MB||Oct 3, 2022||Download|
Why should you install the update ?
Updating the BIOS is recommended as standard maintenance of the computer. It can also help resolve the following issues:
- An available BIOS update resolves a specific issue or improves computer performance.
- The current BIOS does not support a hardware component or a Windows upgrade.
- HP Support recommends installing a specific BIOS update.
(4) Let BIOS be installed until it's completely done !
(5) Download and install / update
Realtek RTL8xxx Wireless LAN Drivers
(6) Restart Windows
(7) Test your notebook wireless connection
(8) Please report back
01-02-2023 06:23 AM
You should prefer 5.0 GHz settings for the RTL8821CE card in Windows Device Manager.
Read this old conversation where specification, speed and settings are discussed:
( Do not download and install old drivers from there )
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community