Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 23-b034
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The all in one will only give me the option to connect to wifi via ethernet cable. The cable would have to go through 4 rooms 😞  It used to work at one point (I don't remember when it stopped) but I really need to get it working again. With the all in one not being connected to the internet it does not give me many options to try and get it working. But, I have tried the suggested solutions that did not involve an ethernet cable. Please any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, @BevAnna 

The Ralink model wifi cards have that problem of completely disappearing from the device manager on the newer builds of W10.

There is no fix other than to:

Go back to W8.1

Purchase a USB dual band wifi adapter that has support for W10 and use that to connect to a wireless network.

One like this even comes with Bluetooth.

Amazon.com: USB WiFi Bluetooth Adapter, 600Mbps Dual Band 2.4/5Ghz Wireless Network External Receive...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@BevAnna 

It specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c03518188

It has  Wireless LAN 802.11 b/g/n featuring Single-band (2.4 Ghz) 1x1 wifi adapter which is a very old Ralink product. Please try

https://drv.oemdrivers.com/hp/get-hp.dln?sploc=sp71501-72000/sp71571.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi, @BevAnna 

The Ralink model wifi cards have that problem of completely disappearing from the device manager on the newer builds of W10.

There is no fix other than to:

Go back to W8.1

Purchase a USB dual band wifi adapter that has support for W10 and use that to connect to a wireless network.

One like this even comes with Bluetooth.

Amazon.com: USB WiFi Bluetooth Adapter, 600Mbps Dual Band 2.4/5Ghz Wireless Network External Receive...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.