Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion f394 all-in-one de
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Cannot pair my RocketFish speaker to PC...tried everything , device not recognized...only one thing left to check is if my computer has a switch to activate the Bluetooth/Wireless...I cannot find anything resembling a switch , so I'm guessing the problem lies somewhere else!

Also I have a printer connected wirelessly to PC , so I don't understand why I cannot pair the speaker to the PC...what else I'm not doing right???

PC is only a foot away from speaker

speaker works fine when connected by wire

My Network Adapter is a Qualcomm Atheros AR 9485 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter

I also have wireless mouse and keyboard connected...PC found them right away!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The Qualcomm Atheros AR 9485 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter your PC has is not a combination wifi/bluetooth network adapter.

Your PC does not come with built in bluetooth networking.

The product specs also confirm this.   If your PC came with built in bluetooth, that feature would have been listed under the Networking specifications section.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-TouchSmart-20-f300-All-in-One-Desktop-PC-series/5395...

The easiest thing to do would be to purchase an external usb bluetooth adapter.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

The Qualcomm Atheros AR 9485 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter your PC has is not a combination wifi/bluetooth network adapter.

Your PC does not come with built in bluetooth networking.

The product specs also confirm this.   If your PC came with built in bluetooth, that feature would have been listed under the Networking specifications section.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-TouchSmart-20-f300-All-in-One-Desktop-PC-series/5395...

The easiest thing to do would be to purchase an external usb bluetooth adapter.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply...I suspected as much but I'm such a skinflint I was hoping for a different answer...:-)

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Just purchased a Kinivo BTD USB 4.0....was surprised how inexpensive it was at Amazon...will this one do the job!?

HP Recommended

Yep.

I have the same one.  Works like a charm.

HP Recommended

Awesome...finally did something right!  🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.