Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One 22-c0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Brand new desktop. Chosen because it has 802.11ac for connection to the 300mbps internet connection that I am paying for.

Speed test shows download speed of less than 2mbps. I can get full speed out of a tablet device that I also have, so it isn't the router.

1 hour on the phone to HP support and the conclusion is that this computer (1 TB hard drive, 2.6 processor speed) is incapable of achieveing acceptable internet speeds.

Seems odd as my 6yr old laptop can get 40mbps through the 802.11n connection.

There must be a way to get acceptable wireless internet speeds out of this thing.

Any ideas before I box it up and send it back?

More info, which may be useful.

Run device manager, select Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter and go to Properties, Advanced, it has properties 802.11d enabled and 802.11n (2 channel widths) on auto but no mention of 802.11ac. Does this matter?

Also, Wireless property shows as 6. 802.11a/b/g.

I have updated the driver, which I thought the HP person had done earlier, but it now shows a variety of different speeds on different speed checkers, but all are much faster. Can anyone suggest a speed checker site that is reliable?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Prego.

Sorta Sorted?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi

I am basing my answer on a HP All-in-One - 22-c0024ns

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-22-c0000-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/19391003/model/2323723...

If you could WinKey + R  type msinfo32  and give the SKU: from line 9 it may help.

I use speedtest.org.

Copy, Paste and Save in Notepad, as LBB.bat and double click to run.
Post anything non-personal, but relevant please.

@ECHO OFF
PowerShell -Command "Get-NetAdapter"
PowerShell -Command "Get-NetAdapter -Name * | Format-Table -View Driver"
PowerShell -Command "GIP -Detailed"
PowerShell -Command "Test-NetConnection"

PAUSE

Post anything relevany please.

Realtek RTL8000 Series Wireless LAN Driver (Windows 10)

2023.66.1222.2017 Rev.A64.7 MBMar 23, 2018
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

The system SKU is 3ZZ90EA#ABD

I have no idea what was going on yesterday, but the speed is perfectly acceptable since I updated the driver. Although I was expecting to see a protocol in use labelled 802.11ac I guess it must be ok as it does recognise the quicker of the two connections to the router. My old laptop only detects the slower one.

Your other link is really helpful. Thanks. There's obviously a lot of self help stuff out there, but you need help to find it!

Thanks,

Pete

HP Recommended

Prego.

Sorta Sorted?

HP Recommended

Slightly cautiously I would say problem gone away rather than sorted as I don't know what if any action made a difference or if the computer was just getting used to its new environment...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.