Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
20-c225t
Microsoft Windows XP

Recently it appears that the ethernet port on my desktop has decided to either stop working or malfunction. I am not the best with computers and it is the only thing I can think of that would be the reason as to why my modem cannot connect to the internet. Wifi is working fine but the computer net won't work, this is after getting a new modem. Is it replaceable/repairable?

It is a desktop 3T6KPOO ALL IN ONE

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-20-c200-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/13823544/model/15787891

A coupla things you could try.

WinKey + R and type cmd.exe pause

then try these commands individually, preferably with no active WiFi.

getmac

ping LOOPBACK ping 13.107.4.52 netsh interface ip show interface netsh lan show interfaces netsh wlan show interfaces netsh wlan show drivers ipconfig -all systeminfo msinfo32

Quite a lot of info will be generated, the first 5 will show if there is an ethernet interface.

If in doubt please ask.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.