Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy HP5644
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi everyone,

Not sure if I have picked the correct board for my problem, if I havent please feel free to move it.

I use Windows 10 (32 bit) and a HP 5644 printer wirelessly. Until recently I have had no issue printing from my Ipad or Laptop (Acer) to my printer.

I still can print from my Ipad, and also when I connect my laptop to my printer via USB . I've tried several times downloading and installing  the driver for it.

When I try and print using WiFi I just get printer error and the connect button is greyed out. There is also an Error state flash at the bottom of my screen.

Cannot remember if a disc of any sort came with it now as I cannot find one.

Hope that someone has had and found a solution to this problem as I am out of ideas.

cheers

Malc7

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Malc7,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you want to download the install the 64bit drivers.

Please follow the link to download and install the 64-bit basic drivers: Basic Driver

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @Malc7,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to print from your HP ENVY 5644 e-All-in-One Printer on the wireless network.

This issue could occur if the firmware is not updated.

Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link to update the firmware: Firmware Update

You may also check this link to set up the unit on the network: Wireless Printer Setup

Let me know how this works.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your suggestion which I am going to try later tonight when I return home.

i will let you know if I am successful as I need to print from my laptop.

Once again thanks for a speedy response and I'll let you know the result.

malc7

HP Recommended

Hi @Malc7,

You are welcome.

I understand that you will try the steps later and get back to us.

Please follow the steps and let us know the results. I also appreciate your time and patience.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi Rainbow23

Downloaded the update and tried to update but I get the message of "upto date".

Tried doing a test print but my printer shows "off line" and the connect option is grey out, but I can still 

print from my iPad.

If you have any more suggestions please let me know.

many thanks

Malc7

HP Recommended

Hello, @Malc7

I see that you were interacting with @Rainbow23. I'd like to jump in with a suggestion 🙂

Going through your post, I'd suggest a clean install as suggested below to try and fix the issue:

·         First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.

·         Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Envy printer entries and uninstall them.

·         Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.

·         Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.

·         Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.

·         Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

·         Restart your computer.

·         Now click http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/en5640/EN5640__Basicx86_1107.exe to install the software.

·         In the connection type screen, select "Wireless" and on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

That should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi there,

Did what you said but it said I needed to download the 64b pack as the 32b pack isnt compatible.

I thought that it was 32b, sorry.

Please can you send me a link for the 64b pack

many thanks

Malc7

HP Recommended

Hi @Malc7,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you want to download the install the 64bit drivers.

Please follow the link to download and install the 64-bit basic drivers: Basic Driver

Let me know if this works.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Great, my printer is printing again.

I don't know what caused the problem, the solution was a bit complicated, but it worked.

Thankyou both of you for bearing with me whilst I sorted it out with you.

best wishes

Malc7

HP Recommended

Great, my printer is printing again.

I don't know what caused the problem, the solution was a bit complicated, but it worked.

Thankyou both of you for bearing with me whilst I sorted it out with you.

best wishes

Malc7

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.