Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Prodesk 400 g5
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I am trying to connect to WiFi? I didn’t know this desktop couldn’t connect on its own which is pretty disappointing. I bought a NETGEAR adapter (A6100), not sure how to connect the 2 together

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello
Is it this type of machine?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-prodesk-400-g5-desktop-mini-pc/27780465/document/c06403257
check all the same, it is an option, but see if there is not one of the cards mentioned?

Intel 9560 802.11ac 2x2 with Bluetooth M.2 Combo Card non-vPro
Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac 1x1 with Bluetooth M.2 Combo Card
Realtek RTL8822BE 802.11ac 2x2 with Bluetooth M.2 Combo Card
Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11b/g/n 1x1 with Bluetooth M.2 Combo Card
note:
Wireless access point and Internet service required and not included. Availability of public wireless access points limited.

For your key, there is nothing simpler, do you have this?

https://www.netgear.fr/support/product/a6100.aspx

Just connect it to a USB port, install the driver if needed.

Version du logiciel 1.0.0.36 (compatible Win 10)

If this does not work, you must check if the usb key is recognized in the device manager.
And do you have active Wifi at home?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Yes, that is the desktop that I have and the USB adapter that I have, when I plugged it in nothing happened. To install the driver, I need to use the cd right? (Or, how do I install the driver). If I need to use the cd then how would I go about that since the desktop doesn’t have a disc drive?

HP Recommended

There may be a problem, you have to check!
Sometimes it is not necessary to install the driver.
But sometimes, yes, you should have a document showing how to install.
When you indicate that nothing is happening, maybe the device is not detected at all
Normally, at this time, a sound should be emitted, and there should be a display, indicating the installation.
If there is nothing, it is not normal!
Check once the key is connected, in the device manager, you have either a detected and recognized device
either a peripheral, detected, but with an error!
If there is nothing at all, the key is probably not detected, try another usb port!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.