Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi, I cannot actually not download the driver, for my new HP desktop HP EliteDesk 800 G4 TWR I  am not able to run this bluetooth device, with my old device HP EliteDesk 800 G3 TWR (I roughly guess) from 2016 it was running out of the box..

I don't understand the issue, same Os, nearly same architecture.

But I cannot try out mentioned solution cause file could not be downloaded....

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your PC would not have a Broadcom Bluetooth wifi card.

HP quit using those a few years ago.

You need to install the applicable Bluetooth driver for the model wifi card your PC has from the support page.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a Bluetooth USB Plug with that chip. Before it worked out of the box, now I don't know where to get those drivers...

OS did not change, only generation of PCs that were leased for my company...

Can you help me, where to find the specific driver? Microsoft does not support it, and besides HP I was only able to find those pirate sites which offer all and everything...

Best 

Peter

HP Recommended

Hi:

If you need a W10 driver with the hardware ID of  BCM20702A0, W10 should have installed it automatically.

There is no standalone W10 driver for that device you can download.

Connect to the internet, click on the Bluetooth device needing a driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the automatic update method and see what happens.

I have two Kinovo Bluetooth USB devices the have the same hardware ID, and W10 automatically installed the drivers when I plugged them into the USB port.

Driver date 9/23/15.  Driver version 12.0.1.750

Either that, or buy a new BT adapter.  This is the one I use...

https://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-USB-Bluetooth-4-0-Compatible/dp/B007Q45EF4

If you are running a different version of W10 (7,8, 8.1) let me know and I will give you the link to the driver you need.

But I think the only OS you can run on an Elitedesk G4 is W10.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.