Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi Paul.  I have had a similar problem but I have Broadcom Bluetooth rather than Intel.  This latest time started a month or more ago following a MS Win10 Feature update.  I've tried similar methods without success.  I could not find a Broadcom site that specifically offered driver updates.  Any suggestions?

By the way, this happened once before following a Win10 Feature update.  I couldn't find a solution, but several months passed and then, apparently following a non-Feature update, it started working again.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

What is the full model number or product number of your notebook?

Use this guide to find that information...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Most of the Broadcom wifi cards are old, and W10 installs a driver that is several years old and there are no updates.

HP Recommended

Thank you for replying!

I may have confused this issue when I tried to piggyback onto someone's similar problem.  I don't have an HP Notebook, but rather an HP ENVY tower.  Here is, I believe, the information you requested (see first screen snip).

Also, sometimes after deleting the bluetooth device and/or drivers and then asking the system to find drivers, I'll get a response indicating that bluetooth drivers are being installed, but at some point during the install the process stops and indicates that an error occurred when installing the drivers and that installation was not successful.  A reboot after deleting the device indicates on the device manager screen that the device was installed and shows it without error, but within a few seconds the image changes to show it isn't working.  See other screen snip.

ENVY 700.JPGDevice Mgr - Blutooth.JPG

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The parts list for your PC indicates that it comes with a BCM943228HMB wifi adapter.

Try the older driver and see if that one works instead...First, uninstall the adapter and driver in the device manager (check the uninstall driver box), restart the PC and then install the below driver.

12.0.1.695     Nov 17, 2015

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp73501-74000/sp73899.exe

HP Recommended

you are correct in that my system has the wifi adapter you noted.  However, when I uninstall the adaptor and then restart the computer, of course it just reloads the adaptor I just uninstalled.  

If I start to run/install the wifi adaptor from the link you provided, I get the following warning (see snip)

What should I be doing?Not MS Verified.JPG

HP Recommended

Sorry that didn't work for you, and I have not ever seen such a warning such as you posted.

I explored the driver folder and you can't manually install the drivers, so I don't know how you can get that file to install.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with that issue.

For one thing, W10 should have installed that model BCM Bluetooth device automatically, and without errors.

HP Recommended

Thanks for giving it your best shot Paul.  Maybe some day it will just start working again, probably after another Win10 update.  It is also possible that someone else will read these posts and will be able to say, "hey, I had that problem too and here is how I was able to fix it."

Merry Christmas to you!

Bob

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Bob.

I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas too!

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.