Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After starting Skype up, my real bluetooth adapter stopped working. Despite multiple attempts, I get the following error message in Device Manger:

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful.

I have uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it, but still get the same error.

Skype is not running now.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

all I know is w10 64b

what PC is this this,

did you load the HP drivers first?

seems not. w1o drivers only. ok?

you said adaptor word, device , I say from whom, that is the adapter, and did you ask your maker of that for help first.

if not and HP device, ask them,

also be internet connected or device manager can not do its job (PnP)

if are connected that error means Microsoft has no driver for THAT device, so what is THAT device.

USB device fails on all USB  ports

are all USB ports working , in DM and using a keyboard to test them? now there is 1st.

there are VAST old USB devices not working in w10 , endless, for sure 2000 year to 2008 made, endless.

because the maker ended support for sure. (Elvis left the building , jokes)

buy a new device , see it does work,.

my wild guess is you inside SOUND/audio chips are dead ofter w10 upgrade, right. so you buy a realtec sound dongle

but fail to buy new one and get some relic of the past with zero support , millions of folks did, and only one cure.

a new one not relic.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

one more comment

tell all things connected to this unstated PC, for sure.

all usb devices, (for sure head phones usb, usb speaker and that dongle realtek model # you have)

if PC is desktop any PCI cards, inside.

if desktop or laptop turn off the onboard audio chip in bios. so the external can work.

one other solution is skype ready head phones with mic.

modern  not relic.

now W10 works. (audio is tricky for sure conflicting audio devices can be super hard cures) besides above.

if lost you can use hwinfo32.exe free and it will tell you the Vendor ID and DEVICE ID. for that dongle realtek

we then find out last driver made, if vista doomed. the long hard way told here easy way see?

I can even look up drivers at MS, directly, using VENDOR and ID. codes.

here they all are but , we dont know what you have.

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=realtek

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.