Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller dropping internet connection frequently. Can connect to internet through my laptop via its WiFi to my Bell Home Hub 1000 but my HP 110 continually drops the wired connection from the ethernet adaptor to the modem. Suspect a fault with the Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller ?? Bell techs have been to the house and double checked all the wiring and have confirmed everything works fine?? but it doesn't. Anyone else have issues with this adaptor? When i monitor the ethernet connection through the Windows 10 Settings App i can see the connection breaking then reconnecting within seconds of each event. Can;t do banking or online shopping/surfing. Error messages I get are;

ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED

ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET

SB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings @SnowBird43x80,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing intermittent issue with wired internet connectivity on your computer. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

May I know the product number of your computer? Click here. Please do not share the serial number of your computer. 

May I know the operating system installed on your computer?

Recommend you run HP Support Assistant on your computer to make sure all the drivers are updated. Click here. 

Please refer to this HP Article and try steps 3, 4, and 5. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings @SnowBird43x80,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing intermittent issue with wired internet connectivity on your computer. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

May I know the product number of your computer? Click here. Please do not share the serial number of your computer. 

May I know the operating system installed on your computer?

Recommend you run HP Support Assistant on your computer to make sure all the drivers are updated. Click here. 

Please refer to this HP Article and try steps 3, 4, and 5. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.