Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion desktop 570 p0XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have 3 PC's all the same make and one of the PC is missing the Ethernet network adaptor. I have been onto device manager and tried to locate it and also tried to update all the drivers but they are all up to date. The driver I am missing is REALTEK PCE GBE FAMILY CONTROLLER. i have been onto HP support and tried to download the driver but it is unable to repair as its saying , the Realtek network controller was not found if in deep sleep mode enabled please plug in the cable. I have been onto the Bios and established the motherboard ID 82F2 , System Board CT PGAQPOBWJ7616K , This particular machine has been back to the manufacturers at least two times before for issues and has had a new motherboard , is it possible that they have missed this of the board when re-installing ? , I have tried several things to get this back and cannot install it , any ideas welcome

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

It could be a couple of things.

What processor and chipset does your PC have?

Did you install the chipset driver?

If the chipset driver is not installed, sometimes the ethernet controller is in deep sleep mode because the system bus that device is connected to doesn't have the driver installed.

The other issue is the ethernet chip on the motherboard has died on you.

If that is the case, the easiest thing to do would be to purchase an external USB to RJ-45 gigabit ethernet adapter rather than replacing the motherboard.

HP Recommended

Hi 

The processor is intel (R) core ( TM) i7400 cpu @ 3.00ghz, 3001 MHz 4 core 4 logical pro

As far as I am aware the chipset drivers are installed under system devices under device manager

There is only the dual band wireless AC-3168 network drivers installed in network adaptors there is no Realtek eithernet showing either in this or other devices, I am thinking its the chip on the board because as I say they have replaced the board recently while in for repair when the board failed

HP Recommended

Yes, I agree with you.

They replaced the motherboard with one that had a bad ethernet chip on it, and it wasn't a new board they replaced it with.

HP Recommended

thanks for you help with this

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.