Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 14T Product ID K2S90AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

For the last couple of weeks, my windows 10 HP Pavilion 14t laptop drops wireless connection. When I try to scan for WiFi no networks show up, even though I know they are there and I can see them on other laptop and smart phone. 

I will have to shut down the laptop (and sometimes have to even do power button reset with the battery removed) for it to come back. Then it works fine for a while (a day or two) and the no signal shows up again.

I tried to find solutions on Windows forum (https://goo.gl/kzqA4C) but problem still persists after trying all the suggested methods, including deleting driver, checking latest drivers, downloading driver from manufacturer website and installing it manually. Rolling back driver doesn't work as it says no older versions found. The system looks as shown below and rt-clikcing on the Realtek RTL....  and selecting properties shows below

cc25b92a-c179-47d0-a1da-8537ab78b2f0.png

Running HP PC dignostic window tests, I get a fail for 

IRQ Test ( Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter )

with Failure ID message  GTVNJ1-7L8914-MFPWLJ-889Q03

and

IRQ test fail with Failure ID message GTVNJ1-7L890X-MFPWLJ-88CB03

Having to turn off the laptop and resetting it every few hours to get it to work for a few hours is getting really old...

Any ideas?

Thanks

PC Details below" 

Manufacturer   Hewlett-Packard  Model  HP Pavilion 14 Notebook PC

Product ID K2S90AV
Memory Size 8192 MB RAM
BIOS Date12/19/2014
BIOS Revision F.34

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @zafarula,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you are having issues with the Wireless connectivity not working as suppose to on your HP notebook. 

Splendid effort and fabulous description of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score. You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you.

As you have already performed all possible troubleshooting before posting this on HP Forums. More over the test on the network card, it definitely looks a like a possible hardware failure. 

I would personally suggest a good workaround is to procure a WiFi USB dongle and plug it to one of the USB ports. Then connect to the router with it. It is extremely cost effective and economical. You could get it for a song from a local Best Buy or Staples location or order one online at Amazon or Ebay.

Alternate option would be to contact our HP phone support for having the unit picked up for a bench repair. 

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @zafarula,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you are having issues with the Wireless connectivity not working as suppose to on your HP notebook. 

Splendid effort and fabulous description of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score. You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you.

As you have already performed all possible troubleshooting before posting this on HP Forums. More over the test on the network card, it definitely looks a like a possible hardware failure. 

I would personally suggest a good workaround is to procure a WiFi USB dongle and plug it to one of the USB ports. Then connect to the router with it. It is extremely cost effective and economical. You could get it for a song from a local Best Buy or Staples location or order one online at Amazon or Ebay.

Alternate option would be to contact our HP phone support for having the unit picked up for a bench repair. 

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Jeet,

Thanks for your response.  I will go with your first recommendation. That should work, as the laptop is probably out of warranty.

HP Recommended

@zafarula,

Thank you for replying,

I'm glad I could contribute towards the issue you were having. 

I'm sure this should definitely help you with your issue.

If you come across any issues, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.
I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Jeet,

Does HP makes one of the dongles? if not can you recommend one?

I bought the amazon 150M dongle but it found that the it severly reduces the download speeds from 75M to around 2 or 3M and slows down the work so much.  (e.f. olympic videos etc keep loading and stopping and starting etc., whereas before they never did that. My laptop is located within 10 feet of the router.

This one is 2.4G carrier only, would a dual band 2.4/5G be better.

Thanks again,

HP Recommended

HI @zafarula,

As I understand you have a question, regarding HP making USB wireless dongle? Unfortunately, HP does not make one nor recommends.

You can search online and you will be able to find many USB Wireless dongle available which should help you with this concern.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than glad to help you.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.