Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-r014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I keep losing wireless network connection requiring me to reet the adapter,  

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@tfisch100

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • When was the last time it worked fine?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 

• Use Device Manager to update hardware drivers such as the graphics, audio, wireless, or other drivers for your computer.
  • In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
  • In the list of devices, select Mice and other pointing devices.
  • Right-click the wireless adapter, select Update Driver, and then follow the instructions to install the updated driver.
  • Selecting Update driver in Device Manager
  • Restart the computer to complete the installation of the updates.

And, also use the Windows Network and Internet Troubleshooter to test and repair the network connection.

• In Windows, right-click the network connection icon , and then select Troubleshoot problems.
  • Wait while the Windows Network Diagnostic analyzes the network connection.
  • If prompted, select the type of network problem, and then follow the instructions to resolve the issue.
  • Review any information that displays problems found, what was fixed or actions you can take to resolve the problems.
  • Complete any suggested actions.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help.

The problem has been happening for several months.  I've updated widnows a few times in that period.  no other hardware or software changes.  typically, I use the HP app that checks for the issue and it resets the apater.  

Yesterday, after sending the message, I restarted my computer and now it doesn't see the Realtek wireless adapter. or any wireless capability.  I restarted it several times hoping it wou;d correct itself but that did not help.  I had to connect it directly using an ethernet wire. 

I tried your instructions but when I look at the device maager, I dont find the wireless adapter under the mice and other pointing devices.  Under network devices I find the REaltek PCLe Gbe Family Controller.  I try to update that and receive th emessage that windows determiend that the best driver is already installed.  I try the windows update and find that I have the latest version.  

I tried the Windows Network and Internet Troubleshooter but it only looks for ethernet connections and blue tooth.  It doesn't provide an option to analyze the wireless network connection.  

Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

@tfisch100

Thank you for posting back. 

The last thing I can suggest try and restore the OS back to the factory default, which will isolate whether it’s a software or hardware issue.  The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I went back to the device settings and this time it said I needed to update Windows.  I installed the updates and now it appears to work.  However, since I took the time to run an etehrnet link to the computer, I'm just going to use it instead of the wi-fi.

Thanks for your help.  

HP Recommended

@tfisch100

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.

Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

IMG-20220715-WA0010.jpg

The big problem is that our Realtek RTL8822CE 802.11ac PCIe network adapter... says that it has "ac" connectivity but when you go to "adapter properties" and select "advanced" in this menu select "Wireless mode"... and you will see that you do NOT have the option "ac"... HERE'S THE PROBLEM!!!

HP Recommended

@MariselaS

The last thing I can suggest try and restore the OS back to the factory default, which will isolate whether it’s a software or hardware issue.  The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you, for your input.  Hey Echo , does HP have a soultion?  I'd like to free myself from the ethernet cable by using wireless.  .  

HP Recommended

May I know if you are still facing the same issue @tfisch100 

Also, have you tried Operating System Reinstallation on your system?

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.