Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envoy 700-215xt CTO Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After a Windows 10 upgrade, I was no longer able to access the internet.  I opened the Network and Internet Sharing tab and their was no wifi option in the left pane.  I connected to the internet via  Ethernet.  I looked in my device manager and did not find the Realtek  wifi network adapter. only the Family Controller.  Tried to view via hidden devices and it still was not listed.  I tried to scan for hardware changes but the wifi adapter did not appear.  I have downloaded the device drivers, restarted the pc but no changes, no wifi access.  I tried the Network Reset.  No changes.  I restored to an early system point.  No changes. How do I get my pc to recognize the wifi network adapter, provide wifi options within the Network and Internet Settings profile, and get my wifi working again???

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello
if the card is not visible anywhere, if it is not even in error, unknown device, it may no longer work!
There may be no connection with widows 10!
We have to check if it can be detected again.
For that you have to turn off the pc, unplug everything, except the keyboard, the mouse, and the monitor (unless necessary to access the tower)
Once the tower is ready, disconnect the power supply.
Press the on / off button long enough!
open the pc, and proceed to remove the card, taking the disassembly precautions adding material!

HP ENVY 700-215xt Desktop PC Product Specifications and Configurable Options

Motherboard Specifications, (Memphis-B)

Upgrading and Servicing Guide
Then reconnect the card correctly, reconnect the pc and restart, if the card is still not detected, there is probably nothing we can do!
The simplest solution is to use a USB wifi dongle, compatible with Windows 10!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thank you.  See below.

Model:                             HP Envy 700-215xt CTO Desktop PC

Product Number:      F9A62AV

To replace wifi functionality, what simple manufacturer/model usb dongle would you recommend I purchase?

HP Recommended

Not particularly ..
We already bought a cheap dongle, but enough for our needs!
It all depends on what you need and on the budget, I advise not to take something, very expensive, but not a tidy either.
Preferably a brand
remember to watch the comments!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-USB-Adapters/b?ie=UTF8&node=430581031

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.