Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All-In-One 24-f0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have Comcast (Xfinity) high speed internet.  I get over 325 Mpbs on myiPhone, iPad and Mac sitting right beside my HP Desktop purchased in August 2019.  Internet speeds on HP run between 25Mpbs to 47Mpbs with occasional speeds higher for a few minutes.

I called HP since I have 9 months under warranty.  Guess what?  Internet connectivity is not covered under Warranty and the Asian guy I could barley understand wanted to sell me something.  I call MicroCenter in Houston.  My "3 Months free Tech Support" is up by two days.  I have to bring it in and allow them to see everything on my computer.

Why in the world would HP build a product that is so inferior to a Mac?  My Mac is 7 years old and it was in the shop for the first time for two weeks so I bought his HP as a fall back since it was less expensive.

Now to my direct problem.  Why does my Mac sitting beside my HP Windows 10 get a 360 Mpbs while my HP gets only 46.6? Both have upload speeds of 11.5 Mpbs.  Comcast referred me to HP.  MicroCenter wants $$$ for assistance.  I feel so bad I bought this machine.  Can anyone else explain what I need to do to fix the Wifi.  I'm not connected hard wires.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

I would like to supplement Banhien's excellent answer...

Make, Model and OS please.
SKU: if possible by this method
WinKey + R and type
msinfo32
Read Line 9
System SKU: N6K07EA#ABU

Please do not post Serial Numbers.

C:\>netsh wlan show profiles

Profiles on interface WiFi:

Group policy profiles (read only)
-------------
All User Profile : WA220856-2G
All User Profile : WA220856-5G
All User Profile : TALKTALK9ED301
All User Profile : oakwood_guest
All User Profile : SKY97D68
All User Profile : TALKTALK766B28
All User Profile : Moto FREE WIFI
All User Profile : Travelodge WiFi
All User Profile : EE-ghtg63
All User Profile : Chessbroadband
All User Profile : The New Inn
All User Profile : BTWifi-with-FON
All User Profile : BTHomeHub2-5G

In your router / modem from your ISP there should be names (SSID) of the wireless networks.

Sometimes there are 2 with the same name, although they are on differing frequencies, 2.4 and 5.0 Ghz respectively.

They can be renamed by adding a -2G and -5G respectively.

If in doubt please ask.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@JohnHouston 

What EXACTLY is your HP All-In-One 24-f0xx ? For example HP 24-f0035a All-in-One Desktop PC , its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05951476

The above machine should be able to connect to 5GHz network to get better speed.  I know, wireless cards can have many different prices but the gap is around 20 dollars mark (retail) but many vendors still use older cards. One of my machine which is 9 years old but its wireless adapter can pickup 5.0GHz networks

Your machine could be using SAME wifi card. Please change its connection to SSID of 5.0GHz network.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

That is all the EXACT information my computer supplies me with.  HP All-in-One24-f0xx.  That's what it says

HP Recommended

I clicked on your link but I am unable to see where I can change SSID of 5.OGhz network.  Sorry 😞

HP Recommended

Your machine could be using SAME wifi card. Please change its connection to SSID of 5.0GHz network.

How?  Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi

I would like to supplement Banhien's excellent answer...

Make, Model and OS please.
SKU: if possible by this method
WinKey + R and type
msinfo32
Read Line 9
System SKU: N6K07EA#ABU

Please do not post Serial Numbers.

C:\>netsh wlan show profiles

Profiles on interface WiFi:

Group policy profiles (read only)
-------------
All User Profile : WA220856-2G
All User Profile : WA220856-5G
All User Profile : TALKTALK9ED301
All User Profile : oakwood_guest
All User Profile : SKY97D68
All User Profile : TALKTALK766B28
All User Profile : Moto FREE WIFI
All User Profile : Travelodge WiFi
All User Profile : EE-ghtg63
All User Profile : Chessbroadband
All User Profile : The New Inn
All User Profile : BTWifi-with-FON
All User Profile : BTHomeHub2-5G

In your router / modem from your ISP there should be names (SSID) of the wireless networks.

Sometimes there are 2 with the same name, although they are on differing frequencies, 2.4 and 5.0 Ghz respectively.

They can be renamed by adding a -2G and -5G respectively.

If in doubt please ask.

HP Recommended

Prego.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.