Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
p7-1380t PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I bought a Samsung UN55KU6300 4K ultra HD smart TV. I'm trying to mirror live steaming from my PC to my Tv. The TV doesn't support Windows Media Player which the PC does, so I'm trying to steam it which I should be able to do through my network. The PC is wired and I'm using a Att U-verse router . The PC sees the TV and I am able to access STORED pic's and video from my library but live steaming won't connect and I can't mirror my desk top PC to the TV. I have the streaming options on my network and media player. The Smart View App  I downloaded from Samsung doesn't connect or reconize my TV but it shows up on my network through my control panel.  I also have avast security which is alowing the Smart View access. I have turned off Avast but nothing has changed.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi! @aszat, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand you have issues connecting to your TV from your PC.

Don't worry I;d like to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Are you using Mira cast to share the screen?

I have checked the product specifications of your PC and your PC did not go with Mira cast or Intel wi di feature to mirror the screen.

Checking if your computer supports Miracast

Move the mouse to the lower-right corner of the screen to bring up the Charms menu, and then click or tap Devices.
   NOTE:
If you are using a touchscreen, swipe in from the right edge of the screen to bring up the Charms menu.
Under Devices, click or tap Project.
If you see Add a wireless display, your computer supports Miracast.
If your computer doesn’t support Miracast, you can try to project with a wired connection. For more info, see one of the following the HP support document: Connecting a Monitor, Projector or TV (Windows 😎 for notebooks or Connecting a Monitor, Projector or TV (Windows 😎 for desktops.

Refer this article to know more information about Sharing the Screen Using Miracast.

Also, refer this article from Samsung to know How to connect WiDi (WiFi Direct) on Samsung TV.

Hope this answers your query!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I want to point out that while the Samsung smart tvs work with Miracast, the question at hand was about Smartview, which is Samsung's own program. Miracast works through wifi direct, while Smartview works through a shared router. 

I am currently having a similar problem that has yet to be resolved. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.