Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Touchsmart 320
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My Touchsmart 320 won't connect to internet on a known-working wifi router.  I have gone through all of the HP Supprt steps for this topic, uninstalled and reloaded drivers, downloaded and installed driver updates, performed a system restore from before a Windows update that occurred 4 days ago, restarted router and computer multiple times.  

Nothing I can find works.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi

I am a little confused, the Windows update caused problems?

It can only have been a security patch I believe, as support for W7 ended January 13, 2015?

With extended support ending January 14, 2020 consisting of security patches.

You have rolled back to before the update and still the problem persists?

Which adapter is causing the problem?

HP Recommended

I am unable to connect to WiFi either on my TouchSmart 320. Someone gave me this PC. (I never attempted to connect to WiFi with Windows 7. I re-initialized the PC by installing Windows 10). I see my home WiFi router, I click “connect”, I enter the password; the password is accepted, it appears the PC will connect,  but after few seconds,  I see an error message saying “cannot connect to this network”.  My router is an Orbi RBR20. Can someone help?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.