Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 880-149n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

I want to upgrade to wifi 6. Which networkcard should i go for?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, or I believe it has no chance of working.

vPro only is supported on business class PC's that support vPro technology.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

What model wifi adapter does it have now?

HP Recommended

Realtek rtl8821ce 802.11ac PCIe adapter

HP Recommended

Since that wifi adapter only uses one antenna, and the AX200 needs two, there would be only one way to upgrade by replacing the RTL8821CE, and that is to buy this Intel desktop kit which has external antennas.

Intel AX200.NGWG.DTK Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+) Desktop Kit - Walmart.com - Walmart.com

You need to get the non-vPro model, which I believe this one is.

HP Recommended

Thx for the help.

If I want something that also has bluetooth 5.0....can I go for ASUS PCE-AX58BT?  Do I still need to remove the RTL8821CE ? I need to remove the graficscard to reach RTL8821CE

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Assuming your PC has a PCIe x1 slot, you also would need to have an internal USB connector to connect a USB cable that would go from the motherboard to the wifi card.

Otherwise only the wifi would work, not the BT.

Look at the images on this link. 

Do you see that smaller cable/wire that is coiled up? 

That is the cable that goes from the motherboard's internal USB connector to the wifi card to work the bluetooth.

ASUS PCE-AX58BT AX3000 Dual-Band Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) PCE-AX58BT (bhphotovideo.com)

The USB connector is rectangular, and has 9 pins in two rows.  One row has 5 pins and one row has 4.

If your PC has the connector, then yes a card like that should work fine.

Otherwise you will have to remove the graphics card to remove the RTL8821CE card and replace it with the AX 200.

Or, you could use the PCIe card without bluetooth and use the bluetooth 4.2 on the Realtek card.

HP Recommended

Does it have to be the non vpro model?

HP Recommended

Yes, or I believe it has no chance of working.

vPro only is supported on business class PC's that support vPro technology.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.