Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
PRODESK 400G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Renewed my desktop pc when i connect the wd my cloud drive to the new computer i am only getting speeds for 3meg a sec anybod idea what is going on .

i have reset the router

i have renewed the ethernet cable

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@CAMPBELL4 -- previously, what speed were you getting?

Is the WD device in a "cloud", or physically connected to your computer?

Does the labellng along the length of the Ethernet cable show "CAT 5" (maximum of 100 Mbps) or "CAT 5e" (maximum of 1000 Mbps) or "CAT 6" (even faster) ?

On your computer, connecting to your router, are you seeing a 10 Mbps, or 100 Mbps, or 1000 Mbps connection?

HP Recommended

I I have just upgraded my hp computer to an hp i7 desktop now I am only getting 3 megs a sec uploading and downloading. Both on ethernet and wifi 

My cloud drive is plugged into the router.

I've changed my cable ,reset the router, soft reset on the mycloud  drive. Checked the settings with the document supplied with the drive nothing works.  The old computer was also an hp desktop it ran fine with that

HP Recommended

hi

@CAMPBELL4  is it this ,My Cloud Home ?

https://www.westerndigital.com/products/cloud-storage/wd-my-cloud-home#WDBVXC0020HWT-NESN

My Cloud™ Home is an easy-to-use personal cloud storage device that plugs directly into your Wi-Fi® router at home so you can save all your digital content in one central place. Unlike a NAS, it's a simple centralized solution to back up your photos, videos and files, and have it stored in one place. With the My Cloud Home app, you can access, upload and share your content from anywhere with an internet connection.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

It is a  wd 4tb mycloud external backup drive

HP Recommended

No it is a 4tb my cloud.Screenshot (3).png

HP Recommended

Sorry @CAMPBELL4 I don't think I can help you
I answered here because @itsmyname  had answered, but obviously not knowing what it was about,
Maybe wait until he tells you something else useful!
In the meantime have you consulted the available help

https://support-en.wd.com/app/products/product-detail/p/1369

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@CAMPBELL4 --   I am only getting 3 megs a sec uploading and downloading.

Both on ethernet and wifi  

My cloud drive is plugged into the router.

I presume that you have tried a different "CAT 5e" or "CAT 6" Ethernet cable between your router and your WD Cloud Drive.  Correct?

Are you getting 3 Megabits per second, or 3 Megabytes per second?

Can you logon to the router, and display the devices connected to the router? The WD Cloud Drive should be listed, and it should be shown as connecting at either 100 or 1000 Megabits per second.

It is good that your 2 connections from your computer to your router are working at the same speed. This implies that there is no problem between these two devices.

How old is the WD Cloud Drive? Could it be starting to fail?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.