Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-d0005na
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello, 

I tried to do a troubleshoot with HP support assist. Did everything they said and still my Wi-Fi disconnects randomly.

We have two similar HP PCs which are bought 1 year apart. Another one still with windows 10 and works good.

I did update the computer to Windows 11 and the issue started to arise with the Wi-Fi. I tried to update Wi-Fi drivers, put the tick that it would not go to sleep. the pc is about 0.5m away from the router.  I do not want to get back to windows 10 is it possible that I need a new Wi-Fi adapter for my PC? Or there are another trick to fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

hi

have you tried this?

HP Connection Optimizer

2.0.16.0 Rev.A8.7 MBDec 23, 2019Download

Realtek RTL8xxx Wireless LAN Drivers

1.0.0.199 Rev.S25.1 MBMar 11, 2022Download
--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

hi

have you tried this?

HP Connection Optimizer

2.0.16.0 Rev.A8.7 MBDec 23, 2019Download

Realtek RTL8xxx Wireless LAN Drivers

1.0.0.199 Rev.S25.1 MBMar 11, 2022Download
--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hello,  I tried the realtek driver you gave, and then I checked on the device manager it stills show the older one which is from 2021. 

Screenshot 2022-05-24 081100.png

HP Recommended

yes

you already have the latest version available  it seems

Re: Driver update of RTL8822BE

if the hp utility does not solve anything , i have nothing else to offer you
Check Power Options

the computer is no longer under warranty?

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Well it seems it is working for now everything good. 

It is on the warranty. 

Very strange as I did power options, and installed new driver and many other things that virtual hp  assistant. Then I came here as still  had issues. But today all day working perfectly fine. Do not know what helped ... 

Still thank you Promethee for your time. 

HP Recommended

😉

if it comes back, do not hesitate to contact hp support ask that we change your wifi card model if possible (other model not just replaced the card)

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

I have a similar issue so thought it might be best to tag this on here. My wifi is now randomly going on and off. I am using 10 and have never been able to update since day one of owning this laptop (Dell Latitude). I am also unable to acquire 11

I tried using the link provided, but after installing it, I got a message that I needed a specific Windows application to run it.... that didn't seem right.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

hi

hello
sorry but i understand that you mention a dell laptop
off you are here in the HP community
So if I'm not mistaken see here:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-uk

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.