Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion All In One 27 a027c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

1. I have lost proper operation of Hp Support Assistant. It will not download and gives no error messages. I have re-installed and followed all recommendation and still nothing.

hpsupportassistant.jpg

2. The HP supplied camera software & hardware supplied by Intel has all the sudden stopped operations. It was during a standard monthly update for Windows 10 is when I noticed the problem. I typically have very rare occations using it. I did test it early on & it was working fine.

camera malfunction.jpg

device manager image device intel.jpg

Machine Details Windows 10 latest addition updated as per Microsoft & HP

HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-a027c (Touch)

Model#8VP07AA#ABA

Purchase at Costco 8-2016

Attached .jpg screen shots

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

All fixed up, had to work with Live Support and they had to delete all over the system HP Support and that Web Cam. Then make a new users account & forced Intel to update the camera from the Intel site. Then Regi worked with a new user and then delete the new user log in with my normal account administrator and the web can & HP Support system worked as advertised. Regi worked hard about 4-5 hours to fix the issue at this writing it is working correctly. This was a very good job and Regi did everything perfect he check & rechecked to assure that the system web cam & HP Support systems were worked. Can't say enough about the HP person named REGI & Kodos to HP support. This kind of effort is why I will be recommending HP as my technology provider.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@bobandgail, welcome to the forum.

I suggest that you uninstall and reinstall HP Support Assistant using the latest version found here.  There have been problems with HPSA.  There has bee a patch released that should fix the problem.  Here is how to tell if it has been installed:

"You can determine if the aforementioned SysID patch has been applied to the system by making sure that productconfig.exe is => 8.3.2.1.  The file can be found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\Resources\productconfig.exe".

As for the webcam, the problem may be solved once you install the latest version of HPSA, but if not, you should right click on the camera in the Device Manager and select Update Driver Software and follow the instructions.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Followed what you explained and the ProductConfig.exe dated 10/12/2016 under properties says that Product Version is 8.3.2.1. I started as soon as I had the issue by downloading the newest version available at HP's site. That didn't work it malfunctioned right after I did that. Thanks for your help anyother ideas? Thanks

HP Recommended

So I tried again and here is also the reference from about this addition of HP Support Assistant. When replacing the old one there was some questions about holding some of the data. I installed holding some of the data then tried it no luck. So did it again this time telling it not to retain the old data try the program no luck once again. Here I am getting deeper hoping for assistance beyond the easy recommendations. Here is the .jpegabout hp support assistant.jpg

HP Recommended

All fixed up, had to work with Live Support and they had to delete all over the system HP Support and that Web Cam. Then make a new users account & forced Intel to update the camera from the Intel site. Then Regi worked with a new user and then delete the new user log in with my normal account administrator and the web can & HP Support system worked as advertised. Regi worked hard about 4-5 hours to fix the issue at this writing it is working correctly. This was a very good job and Regi did everything perfect he check & rechecked to assure that the system web cam & HP Support systems were worked. Can't say enough about the HP person named REGI & Kodos to HP support. This kind of effort is why I will be recommending HP as my technology provider.

HP Recommended

I am glad that you had a good experience with HP Support, @bobandgail.  They always try to solve the difficult problems.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.