Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-r205ne (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi Friends,

I have prolonged problem with my PC Wi-Fi.

Sometimes in the midst using Wi-Fi, the Wi-Fi button goes invisible.

While using Internet through Wi-Fi suddenly the Wi-Fi buttons goes invisible and can’t use Wi-Fi anymore. When I search it’s found that the Realtek Wii Adapter is missing from Wi-Fi adapter list in device manager.

This frequently happens when I sleep the computer and resume back. Then instead of the Wi-Fi connection the unplugged Ethernet cable button is shown.

After Continuous troubleshooting and restarting the PC at some point Wi-Fi comes back. I’m not sure when it re appears because the steps done first time when followed next time never gives any result.

Also switching on PC sometimes the screen becomes blank. Don’t know why and I force stop the PC and Restart. That will give the screen back.

Also there is an error message showing some kind of RealtekUpdate.Vbs is missing.

Please help me with the three Issues.

IMG_20190406_115050.jpg

IMG20190406115023.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Its normal to have a unlugged icon...if there are no connection available...and/or your wifi driver is missing...

that looks like an operating system issue...

have you checked your computer for malware/viruses?

also try 2 commands from command prompt with admin privileges:

1) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

2) sfc /scannow

and see if those returns any problems....

if you can enter in your BIOS..and your WIFI adapter appears there ENABLED...(which i think it is -if its sometimes working)

then you can do a restore/reinstall of WIndows 8...and your problem will be fixed..

Mike
HP Pavilion 590-p0026nq, Core i7-8700, 8GB, 1TB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060+Samsung 970 Evo Plus 256 GB NVMe

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Its normal to have a unlugged icon...if there are no connection available...and/or your wifi driver is missing...

that looks like an operating system issue...

have you checked your computer for malware/viruses?

also try 2 commands from command prompt with admin privileges:

1) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

2) sfc /scannow

and see if those returns any problems....

if you can enter in your BIOS..and your WIFI adapter appears there ENABLED...(which i think it is -if its sometimes working)

then you can do a restore/reinstall of WIndows 8...and your problem will be fixed..

Mike
HP Pavilion 590-p0026nq, Core i7-8700, 8GB, 1TB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060+Samsung 970 Evo Plus 256 GB NVMe
HP Recommended

ThankYou very much for helping me out all my issues got solved. ThankYou Very Much!!!!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.