Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omni 120-1124 Desktop
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I successfully connected and used to my wifi network with this computer for several years.  I cannot do so now. Windows network center says only that my Ethernet cable is unplugged.  It does not see my wireless network.  All my other devices, computers and IPads, work fine. I checked device manager and see a Ralink 10/100/GBE Family Network Controller. I reinstalled it. I do not see a Wireless LAN (Ralink 802.11) Wireless LAN adapter.  I used HP Recovery Manager to reinstall that driver.  It says it was successfully reinstalled, but when as required I restarted the computer, it was not there and I get the same error messages. I also get an error message that says "could not reconnnect all network drives." I am out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help on this. The inexpensive USB WiFi adapter worked and I am back on line. So no need to review the print screens.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi

Software search first...

Getmac All.png

getmac

netsh wlan show interfaces
netsh wlan show drivers
netsh wlan show profiles
################################

ipconfig -all
msinfo32
systeminfo
#################

If you try the 6 commands above and can copy and paste or screenshot, like wot I did, then we may be able to glean the area of error.

It could of course be a hardware problem, but Microsoft are mostly to blame, so software first.

If in doubt please ask.

HP Recommended

Thanks very much. I did as you suggested and there is a lot of information. For "show interfaces" I got hosted network statis not available. For WLAN drivers and profiles I got there is no wireless interface on ths system.

I have a bunch of print screens which I incorporated in a Word doc and moved it via a USB drive to this computer where I am online. 

I am not sure how to post it here. I do not see a way to attach it and print screen does not seem to work. I do see under systeminfo there is an 802.11 wireless LAN card installed, but it does not seem to be operable. Is there anything else specific under the commands which would help?

HP Recommended

Hi

I press PrntScrn and paste into paint and save as a .png.

So is there a card physically attached, not knocked loose?

""systeminfo there is an 802.11 wireless LAN card installed,""  says YES.

The netsh wlan show drivers  is a simple copy and paste.... perhaps from the document you made?

C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh wlan show drivers

Interface name: WiFi

Driver                    : Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter
    Vendor                    : Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
    Provider                  : Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
    Date                      : 03/05/2017
    Version                   : 2023.54.331.2017
    INF file                  : oem16.inf
    Type                      : Native Wi-Fi Driver

Then Device Manager  Show Hidden if needed, and try and create an install profile.

Hidden Devices.png

Network and Sharing Centre to Create a new connection.

Please report progress.

HP Recommended

Thanks. Here are the screen shots - the saving as a .png worked.  There are no hidden wifi drivers. A question - will an external USB wifi adapter work?

WLAN Driver.pngsysinfo1.pngsysinfo2.pngi[cponfig.pngMSInfo32.png

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help on this. The inexpensive USB WiFi adapter worked and I am back on line. So no need to review the print screens.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.