Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 14q CS0017TU
Other

Dear All, I just installed Ubuntu 18 my Laptop and I am facing issue with WiFi adapater not found  and I approached lot of blogs but still not resolved my issue.

I approached below link WiFi works fine after installing but if I restarting my system then it issue again repeating with WiFi adapater not found.

http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2018/08/no-wifi-adapter-found-hp-laptops-ubuntu-18-04/

Please help out from this issue

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

This forum primarily deals with HP PCs and HP supported operating systems.

I would check a Ubuntu forum for assistance if HP did not offer Ubuntu as a operating system option at purchase.

Contact HP Support (Link) or check your PC's HP software download site for the correct hardware driver if HP offered Ubuntu as an operating system option at purchase.

Regards

HP Recommended

You might need to purchase a more compatible wifi card, either M.2 or USB.

Look for a common Intel model from 2-3 years ago. That should work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.