Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp 15-ac022ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Please I really need a very urgent help, I have been battling with this for days now after upgrading my HP 15-ac022ne 64bit to Windows 10. My WiFi won't turn ON, and in addition I can't ON and find Bluetooth both with the driver and for the WiFi, I have downloaded new realtek WiFi driver for my HP model but all didn't work. Don't know what else to do pls help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Vicxp,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I understand you were an issue with WiFi and addition to that problem you are having issues with the brightness button not working on your HP laptop. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

I would suggest please update the BIOS, Chipset drivers on your PC from our support website, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world

Available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Greetings @Vicxp

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with your computer where the wireless and Bluetooth are not working after installing Windows 10, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Is the wireless adapter listed in Device Manager?

If the wireless adapter is listed, is it enabled in device manager?

Please check if the wireless adapter is enabled in device manager (check if there are any errors)

Open network and sharing center by doing right-click on the network icon the taskbar. 

On the network and sharing center screen, select the option on the left - change adapter settings.

This would display the network adapters on the computer. 

Right-click on the wireless adapter and check if it is enabled and try to connect to your network. 

Please uninstall the wireless adapter listed in device manager, delete the driver when prompted. Restart the computer and install the driver from this link.

For other troubleshooting steps, refer to this HP Article

Run HP Support Assistant to check if all the other drivers are updated on the computer. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I did everything, installed the driver and also tried some related steps in the troubleshooting from the HP article, but the problem is still the same. Its very important that I solve this shortly.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps. Recommend you perform a reset on your computer after taking a backup of your data. Please refer to this HP Article for assistance. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I have a little issue with your above suggestion, during the reset process I received a prompt warning, an info about not being able to undo the upgrade and go back to the previous version of windows (8.1) after doing the reset. Don't know what's best to do, cos I have to be very certain and sure this will work and again I am totally mind sighted to use windows 10.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, doing a push button reset in Windows 10 will only reset the settings and remove the applications that did not come with the computer, on the other hand only if you do a recovery on your computer, the operating system will be reinstalled. Click here to know about the Software recovery options available in Windows 10 and how they work. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Finished doing the reset but still did not work.
HP Recommended
And there are now addition problems, the brightness button not working even when it reduced using brightness settings and also the volume keys + - with the Bluetooth. All these are all important to be solved including the WiFi, I really need serious help.
HP Recommended

Hi @Vicxp,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I understand you were an issue with WiFi and addition to that problem you are having issues with the brightness button not working on your HP laptop. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

I would suggest please update the BIOS, Chipset drivers on your PC from our support website, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world

Available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Wow I just can't believe that the update on BIOS is the solution all this while, now my WiFi is functioning and I had to download Bluetooth driver for it to work. Well the brightness issue I had to update the display driver from divice manager, now am all good. @Jeet_Singh you are really a genius, well its your profession. More kudos to you keep up the good work and thanks @Chimney_83 for all the efforts.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.