Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 700-430qe Dt PC US
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am looking for the right Wireless LAN driver so that I can connect Windows 7 to the Web.

All help really appreciated,

Thanks, Brad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, Brad:

See if these drivers work...

WLAN:

This package contains Broadcom Wireless LAN driver and is required to enable the integrated Broadcom Wireless LAN adapter in supported notebook models running a supported operating system. This package also contains the Broadcom Wireless Utility application and IHV Extensions that add support for Cisco Compatible Extensions.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp70501-71000/sp70616.exe

Bluetooth:

This package contains the Broadcom Bluetooth driver and software for supported models that are running a supported operating system. Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Driver is required to enable Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 devices and is compatible with Broadcom Bluetooth 3.0 and earlier versions. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72617.exe

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi, Brad:

I don't know what model wlan card your PC has, so please post the hardware ID for the device labeled Network Controller in the device manager.

To find the hardware ID, go to the device manager and click on the Network Controller needing drivers.

Then click on the Details tab at the top of the Network Controller window.

Now you will see a Property drop down list and it will be set to Device Description.

Drop down on that list and select the 2nd item (hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your quick response. When I open Device Manager, down the main list is Network adapers but nothing called Network Control drivers. Am I in the right spot? Also I do not find a Details tab at the top of the page at all.

Brad

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Brad.

You are in the device manager.  That is correct.

But since the wireless driver is missing, the wireless adapter does not show up under the Network Adapters device manager category.

There should be an Other Devices category and within that category, there should be a device listed as a Network Controller with a little yellow triangle with a ! mark inside it.

That is the device I need the hardware ID from.

Click on the Network Controller device, a window will open and there will be a Details tab at the top of that window.

HP Recommended

Hi again Paul,

This is what I see on the first line  under Hardware Ids - - - -

USB\VID_0A5C&PID_216C&REV_0112

I hope this is what you are looking for. Also there is, on the sheet  with the computer that HP

sent,  a list of the main computer components. The one that might also be of help you is

HP WLAN 802.11 b/g/n 1 x 1 MCard BT.

I thought I would throw it in just in case.

Thanks, Brad

HP Recommended

Hi, Brad:

See if these drivers work...

WLAN:

This package contains Broadcom Wireless LAN driver and is required to enable the integrated Broadcom Wireless LAN adapter in supported notebook models running a supported operating system. This package also contains the Broadcom Wireless Utility application and IHV Extensions that add support for Cisco Compatible Extensions.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp70501-71000/sp70616.exe

Bluetooth:

This package contains the Broadcom Bluetooth driver and software for supported models that are running a supported operating system. Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Driver is required to enable Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 devices and is compatible with Broadcom Bluetooth 3.0 and earlier versions. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72617.exe

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

I try to install your suggestion for the WLan Driver and goes along fine to a point, then it stops and I get this message:

Error " Cmdline.cpp 2665" has occured and Setup can not continue.

This is a message I have seen before when trying drivers for this problem when they have been from Broadcom.

Any ideas?

Brad

HP Recommended

Hi, Brad:

Try manually installing the driver.

Go to the device manager and click on the Network Controller device needing the driver.

Then click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp70616.

Make sure the include subfolders box is checked and see if the driver installs that way.

If that doesn't work, see if this alternate driver works instead.

The package contains the Broadcom wireless LAN drivers and utility that are required to enable the integrated Broadcom Wireless LAN Adapter in supported notebooks that are running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72879​.exe

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

I am sorry but neither driver or method worked. I also tried to install the Bluetooth driver which

I do not need, just to see what happened and it installed fine. By the way, the number which

appears where we are trying to place the correct missing driver (under Other devices in the

control panel) is BCM43142A0. Does this tell us anything?

Thanks again for all your efforts to date.

Brad 

HP Recommended

Hi, Brad:

Did the bluetooth driver get installed or is that BCM43142A0 device still showing up?

That is the bluetooth portion of the wireless card.

See if this wireless driver works...

This package provides the Broadcom Wireless LAN drivers for supported notebook models running a supported operating system. Broadcom Wireless LAN drivers are required to enable the integrated Broadcom Wireless LAN adapter.

File name: sp72009.exe

If the bluetooth driver didn't install, try this one...

This package contains the Broadcom Bluetooth driver for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. Broadcom Bluetooth Driver is required to enable Broadcom Bluetooth devices.

File name: sp74543.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.