Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I have recently started having problems with windows 10 dropping the connection to the hub requiring an adapter reset each time to bring it back.  I have narrowed down the problems after alot of digging. 

When I set the Realtek card to 802.11b, the slow wifi connection, I have no problems whatsoever, the wifi maintains a link all day, the second I attempt to get a fast connection using 802.11g or 802.11b/g, I get around a 30 second connection before the network drops.

Incase this helps, when it drops the connection the error is generally IP related.  I have also noticed that, at drop out, the network status switches from connected to private network to public network and hangs on identifying, there appears to be an issue with the software. 

I can not find a windows 10 driver on Realteks site.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver.  I have flushed the DNS, restarted the TCP/IP stack.  I've also been monitoring the network using wireshark and it seems that the allocation of IP addresses appears sporadic when using 802.11bg eventually locking out when 0.0.0.0 / 255.255.255.0 address is used.

I bought the pc back in October and it hasn't set a foot wrong until the start of December, can anyone suggest anything that I haven't already tried before I take it back, I have always been happy with HP but if it's going to be so hit and miss whilst running on windows ten I'll be giving it back to the shop, I can't afford to not have a fast wifi link because the card isn't up to the job or the software doesn't run right.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to install the latest driver for the wlan card.

This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. 

2023.40.801.2016 Rev.A (13 Sep 2016)

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp77501-78000/sp77548.exe

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to install the latest driver for the wlan card.

This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. 

2023.40.801.2016 Rev.A (13 Sep 2016)

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp77501-78000/sp77548.exe

HP Recommended

Thanks for finding that it's worked a treat.............so far.  Wireshark is showing more consistent flow and the link is maintaining a good speed, I don't know where you found the driver but I'm very greatful 🙂

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Since HP desktop PC's use the same type wireless cards found in notebook PC's, I got the latest Realtek driver from one of the newest model business notebooks.

I notice that HP keeps the business PC drivers updated more frequently.

HP Recommended

Hi @Paul_Tikkanen 

Is this still the latest driver for the 8188EE for Windows 10?

Would does other drivers you zipped and linked work also for this card (wifi trouble)?

Best regards,

David

HP Recommended

Hi, David:

This is the latest W10 driver for the RTL8188 wifi adapter...

2024.0.8.103    Apr 24, 2019

This package contains the DCHU driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8188EE, RTL8723BE, RTL8723DE, RTL8821CE, and RTL8822BE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook and desktop models running a supported Microsoft Windows 10 or Windows 10 Cloud operating systems.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp95501-96000/sp95797.exe

Fix and enhancements:
- Fixes an issue on a system running in DC mode where the wireless LAN disconnects unexpectedly .
- Fixes an issue on a system running in DC mode where the WiFi scan list displays the message no internet, secured.
- Provides support for Windows 10 v1809.
- Provides support for Windows 10 v19H1.
- Reduces the time required for the system power on (boot).

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul

See if it gets it up and running correctly again.

Best wishes,

David

HP Recommended

Anytime, David.

Regards,

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.