Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-19-2020 01:46 AM - edited 01-19-2020 01:47 AM
I just bought a new Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-0030ng with Realtek RTL8821CE 802.1ac PCIe Adapter.
Unfortunately I cannot see any wifi networks. so I cannot connect to wifi at all.
I already tried everything HP virtual assistant recommended, including restarting PC after deleting device in device manager (including removal of drivers), installing the latest driver I found here in the community.
Current driver is 2024.0.10.209 from 04.12.2019 (from sp100552 which Paul-Tikannen recommended), no driver problem is shown in device manager
Other stuff I tried:
* using an alternative USB WLAN Adapter, everything works, so it is not, that wifi is not working in my home at all.
* Connection via bluetooth was already not working; with an alternative usb bluetooth adapter connection via bluetooth is working fine.
Does anybody have more hints on how to solve this issue?
I just read, that there are lots of problems with the RTL8821CE.
01-21-2020 10:48 AM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Let's uninstall network adapter:
- Open Start.
- Search for Device Manager and click the top result to open the app.
- Expand the Network adapters branch.
- Right-click the adapter with the problem and select the Uninstall device button.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Restart your computer.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community