Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Keyboard 928511-001
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A little complicated, but I'll do my best.  I have two of the HP Pavilion AIO 27 -d0230z US.  The one I am using to post this has the keyboard and mouse that comes with the system.  They work fine with no issues, and have a Logitech USB Unifying Receiver Dongle that controls both.  The Dongle has the orange Unifying Logo.  If I go into settings and look at devices for The Keyboard and Mouse it states that they are controlled by the Logitech Unifying receiver.

The second All-In-One computer that I just bought did not include the Dongle.  After several hours on the phone with HP Customer Support and technical support they told me it does not come with a Dongle and the Keyboard and Mouse would connect automatically.  No matter what I do these two items will not connect to the computer.  I hooked up an old keyboard and mouse via a dongle I had so that I could use the computer and that worked fine.  My problem is I want to use the new white ones that came with the computer.  I just ordered (from Amazon) a Logitech USB Unifying Receiver I will try.  Nowhere can I find on the internet that this will work, although the older identical AIO uses one of these Dongle.  Can anyone help with this, HP seems to be of no help.  Should the system have been shipped with a Dongle?  These systems were purchased directly from HP, not a retail store.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:  This can be closed.  The HP technical team assured me the keyboard and mouse required a dongle and sent me a complete new set of Keyboard, mouse and dongle and all is good.  This AIO desktop requires a dongle and apologized for it not being in the original shipment.  Thanks for your help.  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Applelisa 

The second one uses internal dapter, and they talk same language. I don't think Logitech USB dongle would know their code therefore won't work

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your quick reply.  How do I get the Keyboard and Mouse connected to the computer - it ids not obvious to me how to do that.  Thanks. Bill

HP Recommended

@Applelisa 

You have few keyboards and mice, also few computers. Just pick a set, which one to which ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I have two AIO, the older one works fine with the keyboard, mouse and dongle.  The newest one the keyboard and mouse will not connect to the computer.  I'm asking how to pair the new computer with the keyboard and mouse that came with it without the dongle, which you say is built in.  Thanks for any help.  I have new batteries in both and have removed the old keyboard, mouse and dongle that I was using.  When I boot up the new computer with the new mouse and keyboard setting in front of the computer they do not connect.  What must I do?

HP Recommended

Hi:  This can be closed.  The HP technical team assured me the keyboard and mouse required a dongle and sent me a complete new set of Keyboard, mouse and dongle and all is good.  This AIO desktop requires a dongle and apologized for it not being in the original shipment.  Thanks for your help.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.