Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-xa1008na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi - the All in one i purchased came with a slim keyboard and mouse, and a single USB receiver. I broke the keyboard, and replaced it with an HP HP Pavilion Wireless Keyboard 600, (which i think is the same keyboard...) which came with a new USB receiver. I now need to have both receivers in to use the original mouse and new keyboard, which takes up an extra USB slot. Is there a way to reduce this? If i remove the original USB receiver, the mouse stops working. If i remove the new USB receiver, the keyboard doesn't work.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@EvilRich

Thank you for joining HP Community.

I'm afraid you will need both the USB receiver for their respective devices to work, if you want both keyboard and mouse to work with only one USB receiver, you will need to purchase a set of both keyboard and mouse with one receiver.

As of now, you will need to use both the receivers.

Keep me posted.

If the information provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi,

You could try to pair the keyboard to the mouse dongle, or pair the mouse to the keyboard dongle. To do this (no guarantee it'll work) do the following:

1. Take out the keyboard dongle. switch the keyboard OFF or if it doesn't have switch, take the batteries out. Now hold the keyboard close to the receiver. hold down the F2, F3 & F4 simultaneously. Turn the keyboard on or inset the batteries. Make sure you still have the keys pressed. An LED on the keyboard should start to flash, when the flash speed changes, it *should* be paired (10secs or so)

If that doesn't work, try pairing the mouse to the keyboard dongle.

2. Take out the mouse dongle. Switch the mouse off or remove the batteries. Hold down the left button, right button and mouse wheel button simultaneously. Turn the mouse on or insert the batteries. Make sure you are still pressing the buttons. The mouse light near the wheel should start to flash, when the rate changes it should be paired. 

Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.